Cool New Dust Mask by RZ

Nordraw

I get that the fees are a problem, but the tests are there for a reason.  Most companies that whine about the fees for certification wind up failing the certification for legitimate reasons, and some even claim they're not certified because the fees when they've already paid the fees and failed the tests.

Hopefully they pass. They passed my test! Zero Odor when cutting into that bunk bed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Has to be osha approved to use in the shop. 3m n95 mask for now. When they get that osha approval I'll give them a try. Also wear respirators which require a physical etc. I could get away with it but then someone else will try and i can't allow employees to use so neither will I. Hopefully they get the certs seems like a good idea. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jronman said:

The idea of a dust mask is great but they are just uncomfortable. Is this one comfortable? Is there an exit valve for when we breath out co2 or is that not something I should worry about.

This mask is the most comfortable i've worn, i had some very nice dust masks that were very comfortable too, but the single band around the back is awesome.

Yes, it does have exhalation valves.

I couldn't wear mine. Too uncomfortable. I've done enough dusty stuff with hay and straw to really do a number on my breathing in just the three or so odd years of been doing it that I wanted to try something out when loading the feed mixer. Between the rediculous sweat buildup in the 100°+ weather and the intense pain in my face region I opted for the die at 30 from chronic bronchitis and emphysema and spit up mud than wear one. That's just probably just because of my rinky dink head shape though. That's one of the tools I wasn't too broken up about someone needing it more than me.

• Like 2

I couldn't wear mine. Too uncomfortable. I've done enough dusty stuff with hay and straw to really do a number on my breathing in just the three or so odd years of been doing it that I wanted to try something out when loading the feed mixer. Between the rediculous sweat buildup in the 100°+ weather and the intense pain in my face region I opted for the die at 30 from chronic bronchitis and emphysema and spit up mud than wear one. That's just probably just because of my rinky dink head shape though. That's one of the tools I wasn't too broken up about someone needing it more than me.

Zoolander's "Black lung" came to mind. Lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, JimboS1ice said:

Drywall nation mask is awesome too!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Been following their progess on IG, just noticed their recent post.

I've said before how different it looks, wonder if it's more comfortable or does better with the dust drywall guys are in all day...

• 1 month later...
drywall nation mask caught my attention, i use a vac when ever i sand but i still get crap in my nose, always wear safety glasses but have a problem with fogging, so i forgo the mask, maybe this is better?

RZ don't cause much fogging, it still happens occasionally but a quick adjustment usually fixes it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Jronman said:

Is the drywall nation is certified?

Nope, just a branded product basically, they have a couple mudding tools too.

@mohawkdec I've had similar experience to Jimbo, but sometimes it can still be a problem with fogging up no matter how I adjust my mask. Then I usually end up taking my safety glasses off, worst case, I lose an eye, but keep my lungs...

• Like 1

21 hours ago, KnarlyCarl said:

Nope, just a branded product basically, they have a couple mudding tools too.

@mohawkdec I've had similar experience to Jimbo, but sometimes it can still be a problem with fogging up no matter how I adjust my mask. Then I usually end up taking my safety glasses off, worst case, I lose an eye, but keep my lungs...

i usually forgo the mask, only because i wear contact lenses and anything in the eyes are like little needles.i know a full face mask/shield would work but it seems like overkill,plus i think it would effect my quality of work because i am so uncomfortable. we need two little plugs that stick in your nose with two little hoses running out to a mask that sits on your forehead, like a headlamp." beam me up scotty"

• Like 1

Looks like they have a new mask type out M2.5. https://rzmask.com/collections/m2-5-masks

Lightweight, flexible, durable, comfortable, reusable...These are all terms that encompass the RZ Mask product line. The M2.5 Mask is no exception to these traits and provides everything you have come to expect from RZ. In fact, the M2.5 has many key similarities to the M2 with the exception of one fundamental difference. 

The M2.5 uses a mesh body to hold the filter comfortably in place. This lightweight material allows for increased airflow keeping skin cool. Two exhalation valves allow exhaled air to escape the mask keeping the inside dry and free of condensation. An adjustable nose clip ensures a seal and helps to prevent fogging of glasses or goggles. The M2.5 comes stocked with our F1 Active Carbon Filter which provides 99.9% filtration of particulates down to 0.1 micron and has the ability to house any of our available world-class filters. 

58d2f81fe0b32_ScreenShot2017-03-22at6_17_45PM.thumb.png.58c35912fefae182a951a9305494fa54.png

58d2f849d80d4_ScreenShot2017-03-22at6_18_13PM.thumb.png.5b56be041dee26e0a12d15c7e4160032.png

• Like 1

I wore a mask from work, Wasn't very comfortable after prolonged use. It was probably a 3m mask but anyways I still have discomfort on my nose after wearing it and it has been almost a week. I wish work had these. They look more comfortable.