Ryobi 3.0ah slim pack, 6.0ah and 9.0ah coming soon!

Rammstein2609

• 1 month later...

I live in the US and have the 6 pack charger, but I am going to Australia where they already have the 9ah battery on sale.  Anyone know if it will work with the US charger or if there is some type of smart circuit in the US charger that will prevent it from charging the higher capacity batteries?

6 hours ago, stubek said:

I live in the US and have the 6 pack charger, but I am going to Australia where they already have the 9ah battery on sale.  Anyone know if it will work with the US charger or if there is some type of smart circuit in the US charger that will prevent it from charging the higher capacity batteries?

Ryobi Australia and their retailer Bunnings both said they don't have any of the new batteries.  I couldn't find anything on their websites either:  https://www.bunnings.com.au/our-range/brands/r/ryobi   http://www.ryobi.com.au/power-tools/products/list/accessories/category/batteries-chargers

I've never traveled outside the US so I don't know all the rules but would you be able to fly with a 9.0?  I just know the m18 9.0 can't be shipped by air.  It was also talked about with the flexvolt and because of the way they switch between 20v and 60v it made them so they could be shipped by air.  Just something to maybe check on or keep in mind, it would suck to buy a big battery only to have it confiscated at the air port.

I can’t imagine 9Ah batteries will be that easy to make cheap yet when so many manufacturers who cost a lot more don’t have them yet.

Mostly I think Ridgid and Ryobi were just getting more early speculation and talk about it since they are owned by TTI like Milwaukee.

• 1 month later...

Still more disappointment from Ryobi.  I asked TTI (Australia) when we might see something in OZ (or a date range... Q2, Q3 etc) and I just received a typical corporate BS response (just meaningless words saying products in countries may differ yadayada)

I see Bosch have their new batteries released late last year:  https://www.boschtools.com/ca/en/more/news-and-extras/specials/core18v.html  

>:( Ryobi ??????

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...