Let the Fathers Day Novelty tools begin

JimboS1ice

ToolGuyd just reviewed that hammer like last week,it is made in China like most useless tools. If you cant get a nail out with a regular hammer and or Wonderbar/cats paw you are doing it wrong.

• Like 1

Mower trimmer...wow. BTW, that B&D trimmer isn't bad. Especially for the price, mine was like $100 with two batteries.

That pizza thing is terrible, it looks like it would take you as long to clean it as it would to make the pizza.

6 hours ago, JimboS1ice said:

Here's another one

62456d76751d5a9b99a4350b4882c110.jpg7942e7815ee694e48462dcd15f51af4e.jpgf54aa606c52da1ff01ccb4b2242db7a4.jpg

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It does have its place some people that live in trailer parks are responsible for a tiny strip of grass. If your a senior floating or just suck at floating a string trimmer its not a bad option. Some people don't even need a corded lawnmower.

• Like 1

It does have its place some people that live in trailer parks are responsible for a tiny strip of grass. If your a senior floating or just suck at floating a string trimmer its not a bad option. Some people don't even need a corded lawnmower.

Yea that's true, didn't think about that

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On May 27, 2016 at 3:24 AM, MikeyB said:

Craftsman does come out with some funky crap, and yes I was guilty of buying into those funky tools years ago..... 

As long as that sort of behavior is in the past....

LOL

• Like 3

You guys must have never seen or used an indexing pry bar. I'd use that claw hammer if it was made by someone other than Crapsman. There's absolutely nothing different between that claw hammer and an indexing pry bar. The hammer part is solid with the handle, so it would work like a hammer, and the pry feature locks, so it's not going to be flopping around while you hammer.

And while I despise Crapsman, I will say this...They don't make the shit they sell, they just slap their name on it. Some of the hideous creations we've seen from them aren't really their fault, they're just too stupid to realize that some shit just ain't gonna sell.

1 hour ago, Kato said:

You guys must have never seen or used an indexing pry bar. I'd use that claw hammer if it was made by someone other than Crapsman. There's absolutely nothing different between that claw hammer and an indexing pry bar. The hammer part is solid with the handle, so it would work like a hammer, and the pry feature locks, so it's not going to be flopping around while you hammer.

And while I despise Crapsman, I will say this...They don't make the shit they sell, they just slap their name on it. Some of the hideous creations we've seen from them aren't really their fault, they're just too stupid to realize that some shit just ain't gonna sell.

I just don't see the point in it. I don't think an indexing pry bar should have a hammer head, it just gets in the way. I also think that hammering will loosen up the joint over time, I imagine that Stuart said it was soo tight in-store. I think it's a good idea in theory but once you start thinking of it, you probably just want two tools.

Maybe, maybe not. The proof is in the pudding, and since I'm not putting my hands on one I can't say for sure how it is. However, having used hammers and indexing pry bars my whole life, I can say that combining the two isn't a half-bad idea. Might not stand up to heavy use, but I bet tearing up and repairing loose boards on a deck, other random stuff, it'd be a great tool to use.

Maybe not a half-good idea either, but a lot better than a lot of the gimmicky shit we see...

14 minutes ago, Kato said:

Maybe, maybe not. The proof is in the pudding, and since I'm not putting my hands on one I can't say for sure how it is. However, having used hammers and indexing pry bars my whole life, I can say that combining the two isn't a half-bad idea. Might not stand up to heavy use, but I bet tearing up and repairing loose boards on a deck, other random stuff, it'd be a great tool to use.

Maybe not a half-good idea either, but a lot better than a lot of the gimmicky shit we see...

Definitely agree, it's one of the better gimmicky-ish tools I've seen.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

That's just a standard dogbone with a ratcheting housing. Probably sucks just as much as dogbones do. If you think that's bad, get a load of the Stanley Twin-Tec...

And if you think that's bad...my boss not only bought a couple of dogbones, he also bought two of the Twin-Tec. Try that on for size...

• Like 1