Makita Roadshow

Tools & Stuff

They didn't allow photos and videos[emoji20] Managed to take one photo of a robot vac. There was nothing new that hasn't been talked about on this forum before. Got to try lots of tools though and the next tool on my list is the 36v Brushless Recipro saw!

Any word on price or release date of the new recip saws?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

13 hours ago, rrich1 said:

Any word on price or release date of the new recip saws?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I don't know when they are being released in the states, but they will be available in New Zealand next month, along with the 6amp batts.

I tried both the 18v and 36v recips and found the 36v much smoother, had 20% more power, which eliminated vibrations.

1 hour ago, Tool Lover 69 said:

Maybe they didn't want other companies (Stihl, Hitachi, Hilti, Milwaukee) seeing their products being slagged???

Nah, any companies that care know what each other are making around the same time the producing company does.  It's more about controlling hype to time everything with the actual release of tools.

There was another up and coming innovation that I am not sure if it is common knowledge or not. It was a battery charger that you could program a time into that you wanted your battery to die. In other words it was a security feature to prevent theft. Set the charger and batteries to die at 5pm and they will not work again until you reset the battery on the exact same charger it was set on.Similar to the Dewalt, but no need for bluetooth or phones and still uses the same Makita batteries to my knowledge.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Tool Lover 69 said:

Here are some of the goodies that everyone who attended got for free!

S2030002.JPG

They also gave away heated jackets, 12v drill and impact driver sets, New bluetooth radios that take the new 12v batts, driver and socket sets. Unfortunately my name was not pulled out for any of these:(

• Like 1

There was another up and coming innovation that I am not sure if it is common knowledge or not. It was a battery charger that you could program a time into that you wanted your battery to die. In other words it was a security feature to prevent theft. Set the charger and batteries to die at 5pm and they will not work again until you reset the battery on the exact same charger it was set on.Similar to the Dewalt, but no need for bluetooth or phones and still uses the same Makita batteries to my knowledge.

That sounds pretty slick, keeps it simple too

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• 11 months later...

Well it was an interesting night out. Got to try plenty of new tools. Photography was not allowed as with last year, but I took a photo of something I haven't seen mentioned on here before which I think I will start a new topic for once I get the pic off my phone.

• Like 1

But what you all want to know is what new tools right... so here is what I can remember...

Some of the tools on display were apparently the only ones in the world and were just prototypes.

All of the below items are battery tools.

• 165mm 18v mitre saw
  • 10" 18v x2 sliding mitre saw with bluetooth, huge dust extraction port (x2) which will turn on your bluetooth dust extractor vac when you pull the trigger on the saw.
  • Trim router, they gave 2 away, unfortunately I didn't get one, but was informed a shop up the road from me is going to get the first shipment of these in NZ so I am happy.
  • 18v x2 plungesaw very nice, also with bluetooth for the vac
  • (not sure how new this one is) Rebar blush cutter for cutting reinforcing flush with concrete, kinda looks like a cross between an angle grinder and a biscuit cutter.
  • x2 rear handled circ saw that most of you have already seen by now.
  • 12v fan
  • 12v laser level with adapter for 18v (quite cool)
  • 2 new 12v jigsaws
  • 12v carpet/vinyl shears (much quicker with a knife than this this thing)
  • Wheelbarrow!!! Can you believe it

That is all I can remember at the moment. Will add more if things pop into my head, and add more detail on some of the above.

• Like 2

On 6/5/2016 at 1:26 AM, Tool Lover 69 said:

There was another up and coming innovation that I am not sure if it is common knowledge or not. It was a battery charger that you could program a time into that you wanted your battery to die. 

• Like 1