Metabo AG18 cordless blower

D W

Hi all.

I recently purchased this blower and was wondering if anyone else has one, or, if anyone else knows whether the inflator attachments for the Milwaukee or Dewalt blowers can be used on the Metabo. (In Oz, there is also the Ozito Power-X 18v blower that comes with inflator attachments).

Other than not having the inflator attachments or a lock on feature like the others, this blower is great. Very handy to have. Plenty of power to clean a work area or blow grass clippings and dust off driveways after mowing.

I use a 6.2 LiHD battery and get plenty of runtime. I haven't run a proper test, but I estimate at full speed there is at least 30 minutes of non-stop run time with this battery. Using it for 20 minutes on/off to clean up after mowing there are still 4 bars remaining.

I just wish it came with attachments and a lock on button. The grip on mine also has a slight ridge where the left and right sections join (they don't seem to line up properly). There is about a 1mm bump on the grip because of this (this can be a little uncomfortable).

Any questions about this tool just ask and I'm happy to provide more info.

Thanks,

Dan

• Like 1

I didn't even know Metabo had a blower. I would imagine the inflator bits from the others would work as it looks like the same design everyone uses for that tool. Some white box company is making that for the tool companies because its been used by everyone.

• Like 1

I think the metabo is slightly bigger than the others (but same inlet/outlet size). It's rated slightly lower in CFM too (91cfm vs 100 for Milwaukee and Dewalt).

I haven't seen the Milwaukee or Dewalt in person, but according to photos i've seen online, one thing better about the metabo is the inlet is deeper and it has side holes, so if you cover the end the air can still get in. I read online about a few people having issues with their shirt getting sucked onto the inlet and covering it. This does happen with the metabo but I think the deeper inlet and side holes mean the air flow is not blocked as much and doesn't grab it as strong.

The model I got in Australia is the one with the red ring on the tube.

side.jpg