BOSCH PS22

wildroamer

Hey gang,

I'm eagerly awaiting my new PS42 impact driver, and the PS32 drill driver. Looking at the PS22, not sure where this fits in the equation. 

It seems a bit redundant with the more powerful options mentioned. What am I missing? I know some of you have an assortment of the Bosch tools, I'm looking at a pic of your setup #overanalyze!

I've got the PS22 brushless driver and it's one of the best on the market. The PS22 uses 1/4" drill bits, can easily drill or drive and is ultra compact. If you want to hammer larger screws and some bolts through then the PS42 is what you will want. If you want to pre drill holes, drive screws into furniture projects etc etc then that is really what the PS22 is for, drilling, screwing and assembly! The thing with the PS22 is size. No Jacobs chuck. It will limit you to 1/4" shank bits (unless you have a 1/4" adapter) but that's why the PS22 has suck a prestigious place in my shop alongside of my Festool CXS. It's a compact machine designed to fit into small places and provide very good assembly.

• Like 1

I love my PS22,use it for all sorts of stuff. It has amazing torque control,and if you have younger kids like i do its easy for them to use too.  Ive used mine to assemble/repair furniture,electrical work,all sorts of projects around the house. For drilling I use my PS130 havent tried the ps22 for that because i dont have hex shanked bits,as a machinist i have an abundance of standard shank drills.  The Bosch 12v line is great and im hoping to get the new impacts added to my arsenal.

• Like 2

My problem with getting the PS22 is that I have the PS21. I have never had an issue regarding runtime or power for any projects I have delegated it to. Not to mention the PS22 did not lose any size compared to the PS21. They are both the exact same size. Brushless should have made it even more compact, even if by millimeters.

Is it worth it for the belt clip and bit holder?

Convince me I am wrong guys.

• Like 1

I'd say get the PS22 over the PS21.....IF you don't already have the PS21. If you've got the PS21, keep it. It's a great driver to be sure. Also, remember, the PS21 is rated to have higher torque over the PS22, same size, some RPMs. The PS22 is slightly lighter than the PS21 but I don't think all day use is going to cause aches and pains etc. Bosch claims that the EC motor will last twice as long over the PS21 but I can't claim anything to the contrary or otherwise. But the OP asked about the merits of the PS22 and how it compares to the Jacobs chuck version and the impact and I thinks it's an awesome assembly tool. I love mine! But, if I already had the original, I wouldn't just switch to get a new one. Why spend a bone and a half?

• Like 1

I should have expected nothing less than, "Buy it!" haha!

Dang it, looks like I'll also need another tool so I can justify another L-Boxx1! I wish the little brushless 12v grinder was coming this way, but Bosch rep said 18v only. I know I could buy one from Ebay UK, but I don't think it would be compatible with my batteries.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, wildroamer said:

I should have expected nothing less than, "Buy it!" haha!

Dang it, looks like I'll also need another tool so I can justify another L-Boxx1! I wish the little brushless 12v grinder was coming this way, but Bosch rep said 18v only. I know I could buy one from Ebay UK, but I don't think it would be compatible with my batteries.

Hey Todd, there is a seller in S Korea selling the 42, the grinder and the rotary tool. They are all compatible with our batteries just not the Chargers! I think @overanalyze bought his 42 from that seller and had good luck with him. I gues he is a good seller and gets stuff it pretty quick!

• Like 1

You can buy any Bosch 10,8 tool from Ebay and it will be compatible with our batteries here in the US. The only thing that changes is the charger.

I have bought a few NAINA tools from Ebay with zero problems.

Here is the Bosch PS22 on Ebay for $93 free shipping from Ohio.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Bosch-12V-Lithium-Ion-PS22-1-4-2-Speed-EC-Brushless-Pocket-Driver-Cordless-/131844488403?hash=item1eb28b3cd3:g:urAAAOSwLnBXWzcR

The PS22 is also available form Lowe's online for $119. Add in their current coupon of $15 off $50 and it is more attractive.

Here is the Bosch GWS10.8 Grinder on Ebay for $149.90 free shipping from Korea. Should take 7-10 days to get.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-BOSCH-Professional-GWS10-8-76V-EC-Cordless-Mini-Angle-Grinder-Body-only-/331894602069?hash=item4d4675b955:g:XCkAAOSwuzRXc05E

Search on Ebay for Bosch 10.8 (10,8) and you will see the options for kits as well.

I am going to purchase the Bosch 10.8 (12v) circular saw here very soon so I can have a smaller variant. Could definitely use it.

The only item I have not seen on Ebay is the brushless drywall screw gun. No idea why as I really wanted that until I bought the DeWalt 20v one.

• Like 1