Husky Truck Box

wizbang

I bought a Husky brand truck box less than 2 months ago. When I tried to lock it today it wouldn't lock. I noticed the lock mechanism is out of position so the lock is not able to engage at all. This is a problem because I tried to drive without the lock and the box opened by itself. At $250 it's not the most expensive but it's not cheap either. Looking for some advice. Should I return it? or do a diy hasp and lock?

I'm sure I can return it to the orange box store but I'm not sure that I would have any better luck with another truck box in that price range. Maybe it was just defective.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return it. I had a more expensive box do the same thing to me, the lid would open on its own when going over bumps etc., it got replaced. Next time around though will be a weatherguard, finish and quality is too nice to worry about the higher price tag. 

Thanks for the input guys. I returned it and got my money back. I'm gonna take a look at few different options.

The lid came open on the way home and rubbed the paint down the bare metal on a small area so I need to get that fixed now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk