Ridgid R4091 10" Commercial wet saw " The Beast "

SevenOddosFence

I have a little issue and wondering if anyone can help. Over the weekend I came across a deal on a demo/floor model Ridgid R4091 for $125. It was missing lots of stuff , Pump , Water tray , water bucket , blade , and complete stand  and the blade inner and outer washer and arbor nut to lock the blade on. The guy says HD threw out all the stand and other parts with the box because he couldn't find the box. I leave him my number and tell him if you find the box please call me. Mean time I figure i'll call Ridgid Monday morning and get ball rolling on parts. Guy at HD says stand it probably only $50-75 through Ridgid. HAHAHAHA Ya Right , I call Ridgid Monday morning and the stand is close to $400 shipped....$400 for a stand on a saw that's clearanced to $200.....They also tell me the inner and outer washers and arbor nuts are discontinued. 

Today I get a call from the guy at HD and he says he has a much more complete one and I can have it for $150 , I go there and it has everything except the stand and inner outer washers and arbor nut. We go over the the 8" one and it has two washers but no nuts. He takes the two washers off and gives them to me. He says he dont know what to tell me about the nut. 

Here is the part number Ridgid 080009008212 Wheel Nut (Spindle) (5/8 in.-18) Do you guys think this is something that can be bought at a hardware store ?

Also the washers fit perfect but they are clearly a different part number from a different saw. 

I guess i'll return the 1st saw and get my $125 back. The 2nd saw i'm still on the fence about if I cant figure out how to attach the blade properly. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, jeffmcmillan said:

Looks like that spindle nut is just a standard 5/8-18 maybe low profile. You can pick up one at home depot. If its left hand thread try https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00L1L8RUC/

Its saying left handed thread....how would I know if mine is left handed thread ?

1 hour ago, SevenOddosFence said:

Its saying left handed thread....how would I know if mine is left handed thread ?

Not really sure how to describe this. Compare to a normal bolt and see if it spirals the same way or opposite way.  Looked like right hand in the picture on ereplacement parts but its hard to tell from that view.

Edit: Brain fart. You can tell the threading by which way the blade spins. Should be right handed.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, jeffmcmillan said:

Not really sure how to describe this. Compare to a normal bolt and see if it spirals the same way or opposite way.  Looked like right hand in the picture on ereplacement parts but its hard to tell from that view.

Edit: Brain fart. You can tell the threading by which way the blade spins. Should be right handed.

so then the link you posted isnt the correct one ?

It really is going to be a pain to track down and pay for all of those parts. At this point the Ridgid 10" tile saw R4091 has been clearanced down to $200.03 at every store in the country. The new model R4092 is replacing it. It is even discontinued on the website. If I was you I would drive around the every Home Depot in your area and look for one left up in the rafters or another display.

I picked up 2 display models of this saw but both were complete. Well, one was missing the angle gauge. I also picked up 2 new in the box. I am going to resell them as I don't need a tile saw this big.