Pressure washer

Ok for the past month I've been reading up on these and I've at least come up with the fact that I want a gas one. It will mostly be used to clean my 4 wheeler but will have some other tasks around but just for the fact of being able to take it with me and use it anywhere I decided on the gas powered kind. I've been doing a lot of reading of reviews on websites and it seems like I get talked out of every single one I see by one review so I'm on here asking for suggestions on what to look for. I know I want to stay with a limit of at the most 350-400 but would like to really stay around 300 if possible for a good reliable one.

• Like 1

I've got a 2800PSI Troy Bilt with easy start. This is my second year with it and I love it. It's my first one but I've used other ones and this one has been really good for me and my CanAm appreciates the anti mud attention it gets!

I've got a 2800PSI Troy Bilt with easy start. This is my second year with it and I love it. It's my first one but I've used other ones and this one has been really good for me and my CanAm appreciates the anti mud attention it gets!

That's what I plan to use it for it seems I spend more time washing than riding my can am

• 6 months later...

If you can bring the budget up to 500-600 you can get a pressure washer with triplex pump and Honda engine. This combo will make the unit last for ages and ages. The Generac onewash and troy bilt mentioned above both have axial cam pumps which rotate with the engine shaft (high speed) and will wear down much sooner than triplex which is crankshaft driven. 

The one I'd recommend is the Simpson Cleaning brand with 3,200 PSI, 2.8 GPM and Honda GX200 engine and CAT triplex plunger pump. It looks to be $500 on Amazon and model is ALH3228-S if you want to search around that will be your best bet and bang for the buck.

Cheers

• 1 month later...
On 2/13/2017 at 3:04 PM, JohnKitinsky said:

If you can bring the budget up to 500-600 you can get a pressure washer with triplex pump and Honda engine. This combo will make the unit last for ages and ages. The Generac onewash and troy bilt mentioned above both have axial cam pumps which rotate with the engine shaft (high speed) and will wear down much sooner than triplex which is crankshaft driven. 

The one I'd recommend is the Simpson Cleaning brand with 3,200 PSI, 2.8 GPM and Honda GX200 engine and CAT triplex plunger pump. It looks to be $500 on Amazon and model is ALH3228-S if you want to search around that will be your best bet and bang for the buck.

Cheers

+1 I got the 3400 psi Dewalt model (made by Simpson) with the Honda GX200 and a triplex pump last year on the advise of a friend who knows pressure washers and I love it. A budget is a budget, but if you can afford to splurge a little, this is a good time to do it. 

I use a pressure washer all the time in the warm months, even do a little paid work with it from time to time, so it was easy for me to justify, but I'd at least consider it. 

• 1 year later...

Forget about brand with gas washers. They buy an engine and a pump from manufacturers of those products and stick them on a cart. You want to make sure they are good quality. For the engine the Honda GX series are top quality. Their GC series is home owner quality and shorter lived. The really top pumps are US made pumps from CAT. A triplex style pump is best. AR makes some good ones, too, though I think they now make them in China. I believe the DeWalt washers are made from good components. Pressure washers come on a range of sizes, with bigger pumps and motors. You have to decide how much washer you need. If you have a good motor and pump it will probably not be sized too small for your needs. You can see which engine and pump it is by looking if the literature does not say.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk