Ridgid Brushless 18v Router

Shuutr

Looks like a short drywall cutout tool.

Ridgid might start outdoing Makita with odd tool releases seeing as their brushless lineup includes: Drill, Impact, Impulse, Miter saw, Circular saw, and Router.  Not only that but the miter saw and circular saw use the same blade diameter which is also the same as on their latest brushed circular saw.  Ridgid is now the lottery of tools *facepalm*

• Like 2

I think as a dedicated round over or bevel edge router this could be very useful to add to a router arsenal. Your most efficient shop and jobsite setups have dedicated routers for common used bits so that you are not wasting time with bit changes and setup time.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Concord carpenter just posted a YouTube video on it. Looks pretty sweet. Good run time and great for the job site if you don't do much routing. Low price for what you get.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

Yup

$99 bare tool

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

• 4 months later...

I use it framing everyday...more of a round over or cove cut...especially for my deck company..rounding over 4x4 pt,mahogany,fir, it really works great and lasts all day.....I still have my Ryobi cordless router and 5" orbital sander they were the only company with them at the time....they still run great but the rigid is nicer...

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
On 2/6/2017 at 4:50 PM, Jronman said:

is this variable speed?

Yes, it is.  Older thread, I know, but I've used my router quite a bit over the past few days for rounding over edges and especially for scribing letters into wooden signs.  All pine so far (I'd never tried this before Saturday), but the router has performed well and is only on the third 4.0 battery.

It is easily controllable and the like the deadman switch of sorts...pull it out to start and push it in to stop (meaning if it hits the ground or another surface on the switch side it will stop).  

Since I'm new to routing I'm sticking to cheap Skil bits in pine.  I have some Freud bits and a PC router in a Ryobi table I'll be honing my skills on next.

• Like 1