What's going on with the forum?

jeffmcmillan

I can't believe they have the forum up with it like this, it's a massive breach of privacy. I honestly don't understand at all what the hell is going on...turn it off already. Members being logged in as global moderators and administrators is a massive risk to the forum, one click and poof!, everything is lost.  ~Hugh Jass. 

1 minute ago, comp56 said:

And I'm still being logged in as Comp...jeez guys come on. ~Hugh Jass. 

Log out and try logging in again?? I'm sure you have been doing that but thought I'd bring it up .... Try deleting history and open in private browsing? Close your right eye and balance a glass of water on your head while reciting the national anthem backwards? 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, KnarlyCarl said:

Log out and try logging in again?? I'm sure you have been doing that but thought I'd bring it up .... Try deleting history and open in private browsing? Close your right eye and balance a glass of water on your head while reciting the national anthem backwards? 

lol yea I've tried that. I end up going through a series of accounts, I've been you not Carl, Grumpy, Comp, (obviously), Kato, and a handful of not well known members. Initially it seems really unstable, I log in as Hugh Jass and the next time the page refreshes after clicking any link I'm someone else by name but it's actually my account, I see my posts, topics, and PM's as my own, and then within a few minutes I'm auto logged out and then back in to different accounts with it being the true proper actual login and not the half way stuff like it does it first, until I get to Comp and then it becomes stable and I get to meander about as normal without crazy stuff going on as though it's my own account. I just feel bad for Comp, I wonder if when I'm here he has trouble logging in and such. I've tried to keep my activity to a minimum in the meantime because of this so I don't have to catch up on a billion posts and topics by the time this gets fixed but I'll probably end up taking a break from the forum if this isn't solved by the weekend and hope at some point it gets worked out. I've been on a hundred different forums for the last 18 years and I have never seen anything like this before. ~Hugh Jass. 

Maybe the forum is ust trying to consolidate all the Canadians into one account :P

Hugh, is this from mobile and your computer? Browser and tapatalk? Seriously, this needs to be fixed because I'll be pretty upset if we lose some great members, for however long, because of some glitch. Hugh, do you have instagram? A lot of us are pretty active on there, it's a great way to keep in touch.