junk tools

rought

It cant just be me.. all my Milwaukee stuff has failed me in just a few months.... 4 drills in 4 month dead..and multiple other tools..(cordless) see pic..

I never had this problem with Dewalt or Makita.. looks like about $2000.00 in the trash.. (they don't cover normal wear and tear) how is that legal...

ripped off

(there were more tools than in picture but I already tossed them in the trash..)

junk.jpg

I'm kinda with u this one. In the last year I watched a handful of drills get smoked, including my own now, sawzall, grinder...all fuel tools. 

i always felt that dewalt tools kinda felt cheap when using them but they are still going strong. I switched over to Milwaukee this and starting to get nervous now after everything I've seen

I never killed a Milwaukee tool yet. I did have one battery go bad though. I would clean them up a little and send them in Milwaukee service usually covers most broken tools. They will cover the shipping both ways.If not contact them over social media that usually gets problems resolved.

• Like 1

I sent two back and they wanted $120.00 each to fix. said they were not covered under warranty. They failed from normal wear and tear.. those drills were only 1 month old.. I was so pissed.. that I went to Home Depot and bought another set and changed the insides, then returned the ones I bough the next day..but the drill with the new parts failed a few months later..I'm not using them that hard.. the worst I used them for was I dry walling  a bathroom .. those drills were not fuel models.. so I then bought the combo Fuel models.. thinking that was my problem.. but they soon failed too...

even if they fix them what good is a drill that last only a few months? not worth the postage...

So I gave up on Milwaukee.. realized I had to get another manufacture.. decided to get Makita..the one Makita I got has lasted longer than all 6 of the Milwaukee's put together..thats no bull..I can take photos of my receipts if anyone has any doubt..

Try this if you haven't already:

https://www.milwaukeetool.com/eservice

I don't get it, I sent in a light that was clearly well used, the switch had failed, they sent me back a brand new light, and I didn't pay a dime. The switch was definitely an improved version I could tell

31 minutes ago, BMack37 said:

Another willing to take the broken ones off your hands. I've never had an issue with Milwaukee power tools.

Ditto here.

I'll take the jigsaw off of your hands and take my chances with eService if you're really going to toss them.

I've worked with a guy who had similar issues where he bought his 2nd gen fuel kit and has had the impact warrantied twice now for the same problem, and then replaced and then the replacement worked with no problems and the drill needs to go in for warranty for the second time. They seem to have some flukes in their line more frequently than other brands ( TIA radio fight ) but they are generally pretty good about replacing them. 

the jig saw is one that still works..but for obvious  reasons I don't trust it.

yes, I read about the switch problem but don't think that was what killed mine.. I think they just got hot. and fried..

I was surprised they denied it too though.. very surprised.. but like I said, even if they did fix them.. I cant take a drill on the job I cant trust..what good is a drill that's last just a month or two..don't have time to deal with it..

the drill are good for someone who rarely uses them that's it....I know what they can take and its not much.. my old Milwaukee stuff was great..

I just need a drill I don't have to send back . one that just works like advertised..which I found ..

my goal here is to just warn people that these Milwaukee's are not what they used to be..

your getting a black n Decker quality drill at a Dewalt price..

From what I know about milwaukee tools is that Drywall or any kind of dust/ Debris Kills the motor as its not shielded.

Me and several co-workers have killed several sawzalls and other tools because we use them extensively on drywall. We've recently converted to dewalt as their insides are podded and or shielded completely. I Like milwaukee as I have a sizeable amount invested but I don't use any of my stuff near drywall nor am I investing any more money. Sorry Team red but I've had enough, though milwaukee has apologized profusely and corrected the problem(s) can't afford to wait for stuff to come back from warranty

• Like 5

I use them for handyman stuff mostly.. drywall jobs maybe 2 a month..they do get dusty, but I blow them out after ever drywall job..

I think its just heat because they get hot,, really fast.. sometimes I can hardly put my had over the motor it gets so hot.. I notice my new Makita doesn't do that..I wished the Milwaukee still worked,,, I would do a comparison on temps with my thermal camera..

Im not easy on tools .. but I never had this problem before.,.I still have my old dewalt that still works... I used for 5 years plus..thats just  one drill.. I had 6 Milwaukee's...

I'm not pushing Makita or dewalt..or any manufacture.. just warning about Milwaukee.. Milwaukee does a great job of design and advertisement and they work great..but they did not last with me..but a few month.. (and a great job of hiding that they are a chinesse company made in china)..(Milwaukee, china ) sounds a little strange..like a chop stick company called Texas..

I read someone claiming the Home Depot Milwaukee cordless drills were .. not as good as the ones you get elsewhere..anyone read anything about that?  or is that BS?

Biggie,, those must be a better quality for some reason..i don't see how they could ..very odd..

I would like to add.. I find it very dirty that Lowes doesn't carry Makita and or Milwaukee .. too much competition may lower the price..gotta hand it to Dewalt though.. both stores sell.. Dewalt ..

makes me think I should have gone with Dewalt but too late..and im happy with Makita..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rought said:

I use them for handyman stuff mostly.. drywall jobs maybe 2 a month..they do get dusty, but I blow them out after ever drywall job..

I think its just heat because they get hot,, really fast.. sometimes I can hardly put my had over the motor it gets so hot.. I notice my new Makita doesn't do that..I wished the Milwaukee still worked,,, I would do a comparison on temps with my thermal camera..

Im not easy on tools .. but I never had this problem before.,.I still have my old dewalt that still works... I used for 5 years plus..thats just  one drill.. I had 6 Milwaukee's...

I'm not pushing Makita or dewalt..or any manufacture.. just warning about Milwaukee.. Milwaukee does a great job of design and advertisement and they work great..but they did not last with me..but a few month.. (and a great job of hiding that they are a chinesse company made in china)..(Milwaukee, china ) sounds a little strange..like a chop stick company called Texas..

I read someone claiming the Home Depot Milwaukee cordless drills were .. not as good as the ones you get elsewhere..anyone read anything about that?  or is that BS?

Biggie,, those must be a better quality for some reason..i don't see how they could ..very odd..

If you compare Milwaukee tools part # on the HD website vs the Milwaukee, a lot of times they are slightly different.

There is a Milwaukee factory store near me and I asked that very question and they said the home depot tools are all plastic and different quality. They wont even service the home depot tools there because the parts are soo different. 

I had all makita tools doing washroom renos for a a few years a couple years ago and they did not hold up. I switched out all my makita tools and bought all new Milwaukee. I hope you dont regret your decision. Makita is nice, but I dont think they stand up to Milwaukee stuff IMO. Ive kept all my makita stuff for my home stuff and Milwaukee is all in my service van.

Just my 0.2$

too bad we couldn't just trade....lol.

what you say makes sense because there is no way Milwaukee could   keep Its fan base with the tools I have..

that's is kind of screwed though.. do they see home depot customers as armatures . that alone makes me not like Milwaukee.. 

as far as Makita.. I can see a huge difference in quality. but these tools change so fast year by year..its hard keeping up with.

I agree the Makita with the white on them were not as good..from what I remember. beforethat they were horrable.. but they did start the whole cordless thing.

but like I said I have put my one Makita through the same treatment that my Milwakees (dead) went through all 6 of them combined..that sais a lot.. I feel I don't have to take 4 drills to a job because I don't trust them not to break.

recipts miljunkee.jpg

56 minutes ago, plumbfitter said:

If you compare Milwaukee tools part # on the HD website vs the Milwaukee, a lot of times they are slightly different.

There is a Milwaukee factory store near me and I asked that very question and they said the home depot tools are all plastic and different quality. They wont even service the home depot tools there because the parts are soo different. 

I had all makita tools doing washroom renos for a a few years a couple years ago and they did not hold up. I switched out all my makita tools and bought all new Milwaukee. I hope you dont regret your decision. Makita is nice, but I dont think they stand up to Milwaukee stuff IMO. Ive kept all my makita stuff for my home stuff and Milwaukee is all in my service van.

Just my 0.2$

hmm that is strange, I have seen some kits that HD sell that may have  different numbers (special buys with different battery configurations)  but when you open up the kit and check the tool itself it is the exact number as Milwaukee, I don't think Milwaukee makes tools for HD specific I think buddy told you that to increase sales from him and not HD....

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, plumbfitter said:

Just my 0.2$

While I have no reason whatsoever to doubt what you're saying, I've never run across this sort of difference in any of the tools that I've seen in my local Milwaukee "everything for sale" store.  Do you happen to know which tools were different models / parts between the two?  Now I want to go and check them out to compare next time I've got a free lunch hour.

I have never seen it, I also have several Milwaukee tools from HD and Milwaukee direct and there is no difference....yes please list the tools that have different number please.....

First off, Home Depot would never agree to sell brand-knockoff tools because it would ultimately hurt the store.  It's not Walmart.  The strange model numbers are concatenations for sale combos.

I have no doubt I could break every one of my (mostly makita) tools including batteries in a single day of good misuse, but I like them so I avoid that.  Could be the drywall dust or maybe just terrible luck but that many tools failing sounds like jobsite conditions you don't realize are causing a problem.  It's not even necessarily your fault.  It could be something as simple as a solvent damaging the circuit board you have no idea about.

Finally, I've never heard of Milwaukee itself denying warranty claims.  Authorized service centers are a scam, but Milwaukee itself stands behind the tools.

This thread reads like it was posted from bizarro world. Doesn't reflect my experience with the brand in the slightest. My M18 Fuel will keep up with my Dewalt any day of the week, and each brand has small annoyances. I don't know what you're doing to these tools or why so many fail in such a short period of time. Maybe you're extremely unlucky. Hopefully Makita treats you better. 

• Like 1