junk tools

rought

ya I agree there is no way Milwaukee sells Milwaukee tools and lets HD sell MillWWAkee tools that looks the same but are cheaper and are knock offs.......I'd put up my full collection of Milwaukee tools to someone that proves me wrong.....hmm or maybe just a Sawzall blade or 2....lol

20 hours ago, rought said:

I was so pissed.. that I went to Home Depot and bought another set and changed the insides, then returned the ones I bough the next day..but the drill with the new parts failed a few months later..I'm not using them that hard.. the worst I used them for was I dry walling  a bathroom .. those drills were not fuel models.. so I then bought the combo Fuel models.. thinking that was my problem.. but they soon failed too

Wait... you disassembled both the old and new tools and swapped the innards to return the new tools with the worn out parts? Setting aside the moral and legal issues you can't judge a tool completely accurately if you're cracking them open and swapping things around. I've never had an issue with HD taking back anything within the 90 days including power tools,  that failed and swapped them for new ones, never had it happen with a Milwaukee tool though. 

I would have just cleaned up the tools and did a straight return or exchange. I'm not sure why this is an issue for you.

Im just going by what I was told by the employees at the Milwaukee factory store.

Im not preaching or anything. I get told something by someone who works for the company I believe it until it gets proven otherwise to me. Thats all. My coworker tried to bring a HD purchased sawzall there and they told them they would not repair it because the parts they put in the HD models are different than what they stock at the factory store.

Like I said, these arent personal experiences. But they did happen to people I know and trust.

I never buy power tools from home depot. Maybe its because of this topic, or maybe I just prefer to support my local tool shops. 

I guess I derailed this thread a little and I apologise for that. 

Hope the Makita stuff works out for you. But I do agree with some other posts, it sounds like its more of a jobsite atmosphere or being worked to hard. Its a little confusing because in your first post you said you baby them but later on you said you are very hard on tools.

• Like 1

One thing to mention that I do with ALL MY TOOLS, especially when cutting PVC trim which becomes a static holy mess all over, is at the end of the day I usually blast things with a blower. I hate dust and grunge building up on my tools but maybe that's just me ;)

• Like 1

that's good I would hope they don't sell  cheaper models for depot..I will take some apart and see what failed..start with the blower.

since I don't care to send them back again and fight with Milwaukee..

I know its dusty its a blower.. im not going to clean it up for the picture.. I want to keep it real.

this is the part needed to fix on ebay..cant find in on Milwaukee's site

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/271931497500?lpid=82&chn=ps&ul_noapp=true

blower fried.jpg

Edited by rought
add part

6 minutes ago, AnonymousJoe said:

there was a comment about how hot Milwaukee tools get and I gotta agree. I've heard that from a few people and experienced it. even their brushless fuel drills seem to  get much hotter than the dewalt drills I've used. 

yes my Makita does not get nearly as hot as the Milwaukee's did..It used to really worry me and I would give it a break,, but it took forever to cool down. That is the main reason  I had 4 drills ...to let the hot ones cool down.. but didn't matter.. still failed

Im just going by what I was told by the employees at the Milwaukee factory store.

Im not preaching or anything. I get told something by someone who works for the company I believe it until it gets proven otherwise to me. Thats all. My coworker tried to bring a HD purchased sawzall there and they told them they would not repair it because the parts they put in the HD models are different than what they stock at the factory store.

Like I said, these arent personal experiences. But they did happen to people I know and trust.

I never buy power tools from home depot. Maybe its because of this topic, or maybe I just prefer to support my local tool shops. 

I guess I derailed this thread a little and I apologise for that. 

Hope the Makita stuff works out for you. But I do agree with some other posts, it sounds like its more of a jobsite atmosphere or being worked to hard. Its a little confusing because in your first post you said you baby them but later on you said you are very hard on tools.

I've heard some stories of drywall dust killing makitas as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

43 minutes ago, AnonymousJoe said:

there was a comment about how hot Milwaukee tools get and I gotta agree. I've heard that from a few people and experienced it. even their brushless fuel drills seem to  get much hotter than the dewalt drills I've used. 

Yeah, mine started leaking grease from the speed selector, like gray goopy grease after I had to use it for around 20 or so minutes. I started snooping around youtube and found this

at around 10:15 after he's been drilling an obscene amount of holes with a bit that the drill isnt rated for its leaking grease.

1 hour ago, rought said:

that's good I would hope they don't sell  cheaper models for depot..I will take some apart and see what failed..start with the blower.

since I don't care to send them back again and fight with Milwaukee..

I know its dusty its a blower.. im not going to clean it up for the picture.. I want to keep it real.

this is the part needed to fix on ebay..cant find in on Milwaukee's site

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/271931497500?lpid=82&chn=ps&ul_noapp=true

blower fried.jpg

Yeah sorry dude, I worked as a repair tech at home depot for 4 years or so, If I was the tech and I opened your tools up and I saw all that, I would defintely say you killed it with the dust and I would jot down a reason code being customer neglect aka normal wear and tear. After opening up many many milwaukee tools they are not meant to deflect dust or have dust run through them, in fact No tool would survive the abuse you put that thing through I'm putting this to you straight man, As someone that's seen this thousands of times taking shit apart and putting it back together, if you're working with drywall every day, day in and day out you're better off using a roto zip, or something similar, not to bust your balls but tool manufacturers just dont make shit last forever, you went through the tool's intended life, to milwaukee, you got what you paid for.

4 minutes ago, Bremon said:

It actually is rated to use those bits. It can do a 3" hole saw (the Dewalt 996 will do a 4"), and while Dewalt says the 996 will only do a 1/2" hammer bit Milwaukee says the 2704 will do 5/8". 

Thanks I didn't know that, I don't ever use them for drilling masonry as we have rotohammers but yeah i should probably read the manuals more.

And just in case Milwaukee downgraded the 2706 from the 2704:

IMG_2780.PNG

I appreciate you posting the manual but I choose to believe my feelings and hearsay over factual evidence.
I feel it is more likely a billion dollar company made a mistake in the manual then the likelyhood a tool reviewer made a mistake.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just now, HiltiWpg said:

I appreciate you posting the manual but I choose to believe my feelings and hearsay over factual evidence.
I feel it is more likely a billion dollar company made a mistake in the manual then the likelyhood a tool reviewer made a mistake.

I challenge you to fisticuffs Q("Q)

• Like 1

Well Milwaukee has good reason to keep the ratings low for hole saw diameter. Firstly for warranty claims obviously but secondly if you drill lots of big holes they have a nice Hole Hawg to sell you. I still think it's crazy the big ass Hawg is only rated for 4" holes and you need the even bigger Super Hawg for 6". I think they are way conservative on those models though. My fuel 2 hammer drill worked fine for a 6.5" hole but it did get hot and I wouldn't make a habit of doing such big holes with a smallish drill. 

16 minutes ago, HiltiWpg said:

I hope that wasn't directed at me from the surge thread :P I have seen mistakes in manuals from huge companies though which later had addendums and clarifications issued. I think my ryobi garage door had one...same parent company as Milwaukee in fact.

I hope that wasn't directed at me from the surge thread [emoji14] I have seen mistakes in manuals from huge companies though which later had addendums and clarifications issued. I think my ryobi garage door had one...same parent company as Milwaukee in fact.

A little bit! Mostly science denier types who think Facebook memes are more credible than educated professionals!