My main bathroom remodel

rrich1

Another pretty good day of work before work :) lol. Got the niche framed into the wall. I got the rest of the drywall and cement board up as well. I did t cut the hole for the niche yet because I am being anal about the placement and want to make sure it is on a grout line. I tried to math and measure but that doesnt always work. I might just tape what I have and red guard. Then when I start to tile cut the hole for the niche. And then water proof it. I used pocket holes for the supports so I could move them if needed. Also did a very needed tool and dust cleaning from the room. Next step is to replace any part of the sub floor that is needed.

66b452638ecf631b8a489bde7395fb5e.jpgf141aec7938b96aaedf319eabbaae5bc.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Today I got the 1/4" piece in front of the tub replaced. I pulled the piece where the toilet is. The 3/4"is solid but has some mold. I am trying some stuff first and if that doesn't work I might just replace it. That would mean replacing the toilet flange too. If I leave it I can just add a spacer or something else to bring it above the tile. I started to mud as well. Yup... definitely not a drywaller. Well see how this goes. Lol. Overall happy I got some stuff done today. One step closer.

I didn't get as far today as I wanted. We are not allowed to burn leaves in my town instead the village comes around with vacuum trucks and my street is collected on Monday. Got the yard cleaned up first.

In the bathroom I had to cut some supports for the ceiling between the joists where butt ends met. I was then able to get all of the ceiling taped and mudded except for the ceiling to wall joints.

I also put some mold killing primer around the toilet area. I'm still off on that and will most likely will just cut it out and replace the area allowing me to put a new flange in and up to the correct height without spacers. Still pondering that.

Overall progress is progress and now at work for the next 8. Yay no resting!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, rrich1 said:

I didn't get as far today as I wanted. We are not allowed to burn leaves in my town instead the village comes around with vacuum trucks and my street is collected on Monday. Got the yard cleaned up first.

In the bathroom I had to cut some supports for the ceiling between the joists where butt ends met. I was then able to get all of the ceiling taped and mudded except for the ceiling to wall joints.

I also put some mold killing primer around the toilet area. I'm still off on that and will most likely will just cut it out and replace the area allowing me to put a new flange in and up to the correct height without spacers. Still pondering that.

Overall progress is progress and now at work for the next 8. Yay no resting!

Same here, we can't burn in the village, might be an Illinois EPA thing, or crook county

Got a good deal of work done today. I got all of the ceiling corners done as well as the outside corners between the tub and the toilet. Started to get a second coat on some of the other sections when I got a little too close to one of the outlets with the blade. Tripped the breaker and put 2 notches into the trowel. So tomorrow on the way home I need to buy a new one.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rrich1 said:

Got a good deal of work done today. I got all of the ceiling corners done as well as the outside corners between the tub and the toilet. Started to get a second coat on some of the other sections when I got a little too close to one of the outlets with the blade. Tripped the breaker and put 2 notches into the trowel. So tomorrow on the way home I need to buy a new one.

Ruined a tool aww...?

Buy a new tool yay!!?

Another busy day. Had a qualification day at the range in the morning then had to run some errands (check the new tool thread). I was able to get everything second coated today before I had to come to work for an extra shift on my day off. Goal is still to be able to tile if time allows in a week and a half.

Yesterday I was able to get a 3rd coat of mud on. The small wall between the toilet and tub will need another coat though. I can see the corner bead through the mud. not sure if I will be able to get rid of it though. Need to sand that and then I will put the ply down around the toilet and then tape the cement boards around the tub. might not get to it until Tuesday though.

• Like 2

Had a few hours today to work in the bathroom. I got the 3rd coat sanded completely. I was then able to get any spots filled like any bubbles or to even things out. Tomorrow I should be able to get that sanded and the plywood on. I think I will be able to get the tape on the cement board before church as well. After that is mortar on the cement joints and then waterproofing.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, rrich1 said:

Had a few hours today to work in the bathroom. I got the 3rd coat sanded completely. I was then able to get any spots filled like any bubbles or to even things out. Tomorrow I should be able to get that sanded and the plywood on. I think I will be able to get the tape on the cement board before church as well. After that is mortar on the cement joints and then waterproofing.

Nice, don't rush the waterproofing stage, of course.....

• Like 1

Between yesterday and today I got some stuff done. I got the last bit skim coated and sanded. I cleaned up any places where i dripped mud and vacuumed the walls and floor. I used fiber tape on the cement boards and also put mortar along all the seems (except the ceiling) and on the screws. I also got the last pieces of replacement underlayment on. I decided to keep the old flange and put in spacers. 

On the vanity I was able to get the face frame glued and screwed in. Next on that is to make the innards. 

Haven't done anything in the bathroom the past few days. Today I did get a ton of work done on the vanity today. I haven't posted any pics so here they are. Today I was able to get the insides of the vanity in. I still need to make the bottom shelf bit otherwise the main body is ready for stain and finish.

bf2daa8b550df26b63c77043226ce7a5.jpg
b7a1a0ddafaa9a7b9f90c0f8c51957b2.jpg
0513b03502920e30a2cb7e11ca38925c.jpg
d79ff1c4283d925a71ae0c0ccb62eed8.jpg
1df516f60ae211ea2e55a6a26fee747d.jpg

• Like 2

wow! building the vanity. very nice. you win!

need a seperate build thread!

i wish i had the time to build one myself, i dont.

plus the 2 animals i call sons will phuck it up (unintentionally) in short order

Haha. I've two kids (4 and 2). I started the vanity last month. The doors and drawer front have been giving me fits for a while. Those can be done after it is installed. This is a first for me and. Really enjoying it. I thought about it and I think I will make a separate build thread in the wood working forum. Thanks for the kind words.

Tomorrow I hope to get the lighting measured out and installed. My neighbor is going to wire everything up for me. Then I can paint the ceiling and walls most likely Tuesday. With Thanksgiving this week it messes up me possibly trying to tile this week. If not it will be next week for sure.

I am wanting to waterproof the tub area. But I still haven't cut out my niche. Should I just not worry about where my limes will end up being at and do it or worry about trying to get it lines up with grout lines?

my sons are 27 and 24. yours are still young. mine should know better.

lines................ depends. i spent alot of time on both baths with the soffits, so i would have an unbroken line and uncut tiles, from floor to ceiling, along the outside edge of the tub, front and back. upstairs i was dead nutz on. this one, im a little out in the back. dont know how, everything is square. i dont think it will that that noticeable.

• Like 2