Ryobi Hot Glue Gun

mig

Looks like ryobi is following black and decker with a new hot glue gun. Here's hoping it's $20. https://www.ryobitools.com/power-tools/products/details/18v-one-hot-glue-gun. I use hot glue to hold down material on my cnc bed, so this will be a must have if the price is right.

large_fa08e3b3-9097-4c8c-829b-6af530eb3214.jpg

You never know when a glue gun comes in handy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

In case this doesn't come to our shores, you can always get a Surebonder gun that works with the Ryobi 18v batteries

Surebonder Pro2-60 Cordless High Temp Glue Gun Only- Use with Ryobi 18V Lithium-Ion Battery #P128 (battery kit sold separately)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B016J05NN8

61EEx1mR-tL._SL1500_.jpg

I picked one up about a year ago and it works like a champ.  It's $43, so a bit more than the 20 you were hoping for, but you can get it right now.

• Like 4

21 hours ago, khariV said:

In case this doesn't come to our shores, you can always get a Surebonder gun that works with the Ryobi 18v batteries

Surebonder Pro2-60 Cordless High Temp Glue Gun Only- Use with Ryobi 18V Lithium-Ion Battery #P128 (battery kit sold separately)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B016J05NN8

61EEx1mR-tL._SL1500_.jpg

I picked one up about a year ago and it works like a champ.  It's $43, so a bit more than the 20 you were hoping for, but you can get it right now.

Wish I would of known about this earlier. I bought the 

Dewalt wired one from home depot in 

August. Would of rather have just bought this one, Oh well. I'm hoping these will hit store shelves for black 

Friday and be discounted in January. That's usually how i pick up most of my Ryobi tools.

• Like 1

This is a tool that Milwaukee should add to their M12 lineup

That would be awesome. TTI owns both companies, so it's definitely a possibility. Based on their quiet pulse impacts, they are now at least sharing resources and research

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Yes, I love mine. It's a great glue gun, no doubt. Used it so far to make a coat rack for my daughter's room, used it to make feet on a light bulb tester I made, lots of other stuff. Plus it's fun just to play with.

Cool thing about it is the ball inside the nose that keeps it from dripping, and the fact that it stands up so you don't have to worry about laying it down while it's hot.

45 minutes ago, Kato said:

Yes, I love mine. It's a great glue gun, no doubt. Used it so far to make a coat rack for my daughter's room, used it to make feet on a light bulb tester I made, lots of other stuff. Plus it's fun just to play with.

Cool thing about it is the ball inside the nose that keeps it from dripping, and the fact that it stands up so you don't have to worry about laying it down while it's hot.

That's a great, simple, extremely effective feature to put in something like that and pay just a little extra over the dollar store variety that you need to have the cord just right for it to stand up, and being tethered like that is a huge pain when working on a large table with multiple users (ask me how I know lol)

9 hours ago, KnarlyCarl said:

That's a great, simple, extremely effective feature to put in something like that and pay just a little extra over the dollar store variety that you need to have the cord just right for it to stand up, and being tethered like that is a huge pain when working on a large table with multiple users (ask me how I know lol)

I have a glue gun that has a stand, the cord plugs into either the stand or the gun itself, but it's still a pain in the ass. If you go "cordless" with it, you take it off the stand and can use it cord-free, but it doesn't stay hot...without being plugged in it won't maintain the heat. So technically it's only cordless until you need the cord. It's okay if you're doing quick stuff, but for anything of duration you have to keep plugging it back in. The other guns I have are all corded, and good luck with those not dripping all over the place and leaking glue out. Lay it down, if you find somewhere safe, you still have to put something under it to catch the glue that weeps out. Plus, any gun that has that stupid wire "stand" clipped to the front, you still can't stand it up with the cord at the tail end of the gun. You spend more time trying to get it to stand than you do actually gluing stuff.

The Ryobi doesn't have any of those issues, it's a well-thought-out gun. It'd be the best gun out there if it had a low/high feature, but damn, it's a fine enough gun as it is. I had a little dinky gun for delicate stuff but it's small, and I'll be damned if I can find the stupid thing. Spent a good part of a day looking for it, at least twice, and still can't track it down. So far my only complaint about the gun is the fact that I don't have anything to use it on now that I've done the stuff I had waiting in the wings. Sure, I could have used one of my other guns to do what I needed, but I'll be danged if I was gonna keep passing up the Ryobi for the price and the convenience.

Plus...you all know I love Ryobi so I guess it wasn't long before I had yet another Ryobi tool. Maybe they should send me some hats and t-shirts to wear so I can advertise for them. I've been planning another "tool family" photo but I have so much Ryobi stuff now that I don't know if the garage floor is big enough to lay it all out for photos.

• Like 2

One can hope that if Milwaukee ends up offering one that they add a variable heat adjustment to it instead of just a high low setting. I have an industrial grade unit with adjustable heat levels for use with different glue grades and it would be perfect if it did not have a cord attached to it...

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 5/17/2017 at 9:59 AM, Cr8ondt said:

Ordered one from a 3rd party seller on Amazon for $20, free economy shipping, should have it next week....

Showed up today, and that 3rd party seller seems to be HD!

• Like 1