Unusual photo upload issue

JMG

In the last few days I have been uploading some pictures from my iPhone, and have found that only the ones taken in horizontal mode will load properly. Any picture taken in vertical mode fails to post after they complete the data transfer to the forums. I have not tried to adjust the pictures in any way, other than to download them from my phone to my laptop and then attempt to upload them again, with the same results. File sizes are all similar and have no bearing on success or failure as well.

Yeah I don't like portrait mode either lol!!

But seriously, that really strange, I have always used a photo uploading site called Flickr and just posted the link here.

Some have experienced their photo upload limit has been reached, go in your account and maybe it is getting full and does strange things with portrait pics

I know it's not a solution to the problem but try to get into using imgur for all image uploads. Imgur takes out the data that gives location and any tracking, so it's 100% secure to post the image online. If you have location data on your pictures, you can literally show up at someone's front door using that info. While it's a trillion to one shot that it will ever happen, us posting our show it off pictures of our shops and tools could potentially be very valuable information to a criminal or a stalker. I've had a stalker, you be surprised what they can find and where they show up.

• Like 1