FESTOOL Pro5 delay.

William S

Has anyone got there's yet and if so did you get your order in the 1st,2nd 3rd etc day? I'm just curious because I got an email stating that they oversold and I can expect my sander on march 23rd. I find it ridiculous that festool didn't foresee how fast that a $99 sander would sale. I,m sorry but I find a 5 month delay unacceptable and this tarnishes how I view the company.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Stercorarius said:

Could be worse. You could have ordered flex volt from CPO and just never got it.

Yeah I noticed a lot of people on this forum pre ordered and haven't received anything while Home Depot,acme etc have them in stores. How can a company knowingly screw over early adopters like that? They are usually the most loyal customers.

I mean they couldn't fill the pre orders before sending them to others? I've heard of people having to wait on pre orders because of no stock but not when they have tools to ship.imo it's unacceptable and they need to kiss these customers asses to make up for it. Free tools or batteries would work I imagine.

28 minutes ago, William S said:

Yeah I noticed a lot of people on this forum pre ordered and haven't received anything while Home Depot,acme etc have them in stores. How can a company knowingly screw over early adopters like that? They are usually the most loyal customers.

I mean they couldn't fill the pre orders before sending them to others? I've heard of people having to wait on pre orders because of no stock but not when they have tools to ship.imo it's unacceptable and they need to kiss these customers asses to make up for it. Free tools or batteries would work I imagine.

Duty Rats.......

I ordered mine late the second day. I would be really upset were I using a sander for my livelihood and counting on it then hearing retail stores having them and people walking in and buying them that same day.

As it is, I'll be fine using my trusty Makita ros until late March, which was the latest email I received from tool nut

• Like 1

I was on my local Woodcraft waiting list for the 2nd round of the Pro5 shipment coming in. Woodcraft was told it would be February as well.

But.....I just received a call and an order of Pro5 sanders came in unexpectedly! I am not getting my second Pro5 sander as I got one from ToolNut. I am keeping the systainer to use as my 5" abrasives systainer as well as the voucher. I will be selling the tool and everything else that comes in the kit (paper backing and plastic storage tray too). If you want it, PM me.

I hope your local Woodcrafts are going to be getting a surprise shipment in.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Not sure anyone is paying attention to this thread but are reports of march still out there in the wild? I know a number of us ordered ours first day and I felt like I was tardy to the party compared to other TIA crew members but still had my two units delivered ages and ages ago. 

• Like 1

Yup, same message as before: 

toolnut_logo_clear.png
Fellow Tool Nut,

A quick update on your Festool PRO 5 Sander order. Festool has stated that sanders are in the process of being manufactured and shipped from Germany. Using Festool's production schedule, we are expecting your sander to be shipped on or around March 23rd.

You can contact us by phone at 877-866-5688 to update your payment information or shipping address, if needed.

Again, thanks for your patience.

Tool Nut Customer Service
  • Like 3

so let me get this straight, Festool put up a sander at a really low price so 1000's and 1000's of people would not even think about anything other than purchasing it. So a whole wack of people jump on the bandwagon and push send money and wait...........good way to get investors without having product.

l

• Like 2

I cancelled my order before Christmas, just sitting around and waiting for it to ship was annoying the hell out of me. Bought the Makita XOB01Z cordless sander instead. The fact that people were able to walk into a store and pick one up on launch day even though thousands of people pre-ordered really put me off Festool, I don't know that they have anything I want. I can buy so many more tools by buying other brands for the same amount as buying just a few of theirs.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jtkendall said:

I can buy so many more tools by buying other brands for the same amount as buying just a few of theirs.

In my opinion you so get what you pay for. I own the Festool oscillating tool, and a few sanders. I'm looking to buy a track saw next.  A guy at work has the Makita cordless oscillating tool, we put them head to head in a cut. Both had new blades, I had about 6 feet done and he didn't even have 2 feet done. Yes, there is a steep entry price for Festool, but it is so worth it if you use them all the time.

I ran a new milwaukee 5in sander for 20min and my fingers were numb and tingling. I went out and bought a 6in Festool sander and ran it for 6 hours straight, and had no numbness or tingling.

• Like 3

I initially bought mine through Toolnut then cancelled the order and bought it through Bob Marino. I got it right after the release. I will say, this has NOTHING to do with Toolnut.  This has EVERYTHING to do with Festool and poor planning.

Now, I know I'm the "Festool Snob" and yes, I have a sizeable investment in my blue and green tools and for good reason, they are the best.  But Festool has made some really dumb business choices when it comes to things like this and the Kapex discount program. Poor marketing and not being able to keep up with demand is the problem here. 

The Pro 5 was a super smart idea that Festool had. It was introduced here to increase a week market in the USA. Festool is really big elsewhere but in the US market, not as good. Their tools are proven construction site and finish work capable and everybody know this. This was a sound way to get nay Sayers....and yes, we have a few of them here, into buying a fantastic tool for a steal but talk about shooting yourself in the foot. AGAIN! If your going to have a sound, actually great business plan, try PLANNING. In the interim, for those who did get their sander, remember, use D.C. with the tool. It's just "ignant" not too!

• Like 1

So I'm not knocking festool guys but beware my sander has the issue a lot of guys have, I tried to break it in but no joy she's gotta get serviced, as of right now my $30 porter cable sands more stable, what it will do is grab and skip around virtually unusable, I am disappointed but as others have done festool will service the sander, I'll keep you guys updated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, JimboS1ice said:

So I'm not knocking festool guys but beware my sander has the issue a lot of guys have, I tried to break it in but no joy she's gotta get serviced, as of right now my $30 porter cable sands more stable, what it will do is grab and skip around virtually unusable, I am disappointed but as others have done festool will service the sander, I'll keep you guys updated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This was another part of why I cancelled mine. I can wait for a tool, but when I started seeing a bunch of people had to "break them in" or send them for servicing that means when I finally received it I would have more than likely had to ship it right back out. I can walk into Home Depot pick any ROS they have and not have to send it in for servicing within the first week.

35 minutes ago, ChrisK said:

I will say, this has NOTHING to do with Toolnut.  This has EVERYTHING to do with Festool and poor planning.

Didn't Toolnut leak the release early? I'd say that means they have a lot to do with it. Yeah Festool screwed up by not adaquately planning for the amount of sanders they would sell, but they also let a distributor get away with releasing info on a product before it's launch driving up pre-orders and royally screwing over their target with this sander, people who don't already buy their tools. The $50 coupon was designed to get someone who only owns the sander to go: "This Festool XYZ is $$$ but I have a $50 off coupon that I need to spend so it's a good deal. If I don't buy it then I'll be wasting $50."

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, jtkendall said:

This was another part of why I cancelled mine. I can wait for a tool, but when I started seeing a bunch of people had to "break them in" or send them for servicing that means when I finally received it I would have more than likely had to ship it right back out. I can walk into Home Depot pick any ROS they have and not have to send it in for servicing within the first week.

Didn't Toolnut leak the release early? I'd say that means they have a lot to do with it. Yeah Festool screwed up by not adaquately planning for the amount of sanders they would sell, but they also let a distributor get away with releasing info on a product before it's launch driving up pre-orders and royally screwing over their target with this sander, people who don't already buy their tools. The $50 coupon was designed to get someone who only owns the sander to go: "This Festool XYZ is $$$ but I have a $50 off coupon that I need to spend so it's a good deal. If I don't buy it then I'll be wasting $50."

First I have heard of toolnut releasing this information early. Toolnut placed their order for x amount of tools as did all of the distributors. They then were allowed to announce pre orders pursuant to Festool direction. That is where the screw up happened. I'm not sure if you have any experience with Festool but this has happened before. Festool did not provide the tools necessary for distribution so no, the seller did not screw up. This is just like CPO selling Dewalt tools that they had ordered then Dewalt had a multitude of shipping disasters. 

6 minutes ago, Stercorarius said:

I'm going to see if I can cancel mine. It was intended as a Christmas present for someone but March seems a little late for that. I'd keep it but woodworking doesn't get me my paycheck and I don't have free time for anything else.

I don't blame you dude. A hundred bucks is a hundred bucks. And hobbies are hobbies!

Wow so maybe I'm not just a craptastic woodworker. I was thinking that I was just an idiot because my Pro5 sander would regularly just start vibrating horribly and hop around. I figured it had something to do with the fact that I'm using a shop vac instead of a proper DC unit. 

I guess I should read FOG. What would I need to do to get it serviced and how long does it take?

hopefully they don't have a batch of bad sanders pumping them out so fast the QC went out the window with the last shipment, that will be just another bad turn for them.

I see it now:

how many sanders we have ready?

1400 but a few of them don't seem to be right.

ship them anyway or we will never get caught up with back orders