FESTOOL Pro5 delay.

William S

1 hour ago, KnarlyCarl said:

That's a nice looking multi purpose sander with the Delta pad

I just bought the DTS 400 and it is fantastic. 

The sad part is, after getting my Pro 5 back from Festool servicing the pad is starting to do the same thing it was doing in the above video. It will just stop rotating under very little pressure.

• Like 1

The only downside is pad shape is optimized to work well for a lot of things. Because of that its not symmetrical and you cant rotate the sanding disc. If you are corner sanding or doing small stuff you wear out the front  point. Be nice to get  3 new points. That said if it was a perfect triangle it would not work as well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Real subtle, yep sure....

Latest email: 

toolnut_logo_clear.png

spend-festool-50-voucher-email.jpg
  Shop Festool Power Tools  

"Well, it may have taken a while for Festool to ship the PRO 5 sanders, but we have plenty of in-stock ready-to-ship Festool power tools that you can use your $50 rebate voucher on right now!

How Do I Use My $50 Voucher?

Head over to our website, festoolproducts.com, and order at least one power tool. Feel free to order multiple power tools and/or accessories on the same order. For the best value, we recommend a Festool package deal where you receive 10% off instantly on any CT dust extractor or MFT table when purchased with a power tool (your voucher will knock $50 off that)!

Next, visit Festool USA's voucher claim website at festoolpro5.com. Enter the number from the voucher included with your PRO 5 sander, as well as the serial number and type of po......"

Well I certainly hope my expensive Domino performs better...

I just tried this sander and it jumps around uncontrollably, regardless of speed, grit, etc. Not even in the same league as my Bosch.

I just left a message to Toolnut, we'll see what happens. Beyond my 30 days, of course...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/28/2017 at 9:04 AM, wildroamer said:

Well I certainly hope my expensive Domino performs better...

I just tried this sander and it jumps around uncontrollably, regardless of speed, grit, etc. Not even in the same league as my Bosch.

I just left a message to Toolnut, we'll see what happens. Beyond my 30 days, of course...

Mine arrived at Festool today for repair for the same reason. While I have heard very mixed reviews of the Pro5 with a lot having to be repaired, I've never heard any negatives with the Domino… except the price tag.

• Like 1