Echo RTV from Home Depot

So I have been extremely busy and haven't been around on here which is sad. Hopefully I can find the time to start posting again soon. So with that being said I think I may have gotten a good deal on something for once. I was at HD renting a lift yesterday and on the shelf of used equipment I saw a string trimmer for sale. I usually don't see anything to interesting on the shelf but this trimmer looked brand new. I saw it was $200 regularly discounted to $150 an employee saw me looking at it and told me I will give it to you for $130, I said sold! This is really funny because everything in my life is a coincidence it is weird but it truly is. I was up late the night before watching YouTube videos and watched one on getting Like New Echo equipment for cheap. In which he goes into detail about HD and what RTV is. Now I am not an Echo fan at all but the trimmer is for the old man. I am a Stihl man through and through as evident by this trimmer getting photo bomb by my Stihl pole saw :) This trimmer is brand new with no scratches or anything, I got it dirtier in 10 minutes of use more than anything. You can tell buy the head its not even scratched which happens as soon as you touch concrete. From what I understand $50 off is the norm for this trimmer and they always get them in but I never seen one on the shelve until now. It is a model SRM-225 and with the short time I used it today I really don't like it :( I like big, heavy, powerful string trimmers like my Stihl FS 130 R. The Echo is under powered, very small tank, has a tiny shield which I take off I hate shields. The head is small does not hold a lot of string and the trimmer itself seems short. I know the 130 is a professional model and theres no comparison but I have owned a lot of trimmers and know what a good trimmer is. I have a Shindaiwa that is 20 years old and used weekly all its life, as well as many others. So I have gone on and on so time to stop typing. I think the $20 extra off was what sold me because I knew 50 is usual and this one was basically new. I paid sticker prices all the time so this was different. And the trimmer was almost sold to someone else while I was outside hooking up the lift with another employee..lol But I came back inside with the guy and at the same time we both said you can't sell that. While another employee was ringing it up for another customer. Anyways I will shut up now :) 

IMAG2413.jpg

IMAG2414.jpg

IMAG2415.jpg

IMAG2417.jpg

• Like 2

Not a bad price man. Doesn't look like it was touched. I have Shindaiwa trimmers and I love those speed feed heads, hands down the easiest bump feed head I have ever used. Good to see you back as well!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I use echo string trimmers and like them. The speed feed is my favorite part. It makes re-stringing a breeze. The power and quality were better than my craftsman that went bad after only being a few years old but nothing to too special. If I go with another brand of trimmer I may try dewalt just for the fact its cordless and I already have batteries from dewalt. If the dewalt trimmer doesn't have a comparable alternative to speed feed I may switch the head out.

20 hours ago, kruton said:

Not a bad price man. Doesn't look like it was touched. I have Shindaiwa trimmers and I love those speed feed heads, hands down the easiest bump feed head I have ever used. Good to see you back as well!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Hey whats up Kruton!! Yea I have an old Shindaiwa that I put a speed feed on, it is fast to load 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jronman said:

I use echo string trimmers and like them. The speed feed is my favorite part. It makes re-stringing a breeze. The power and quality were better than my craftsman that went bad after only being a few years old but nothing to too special. If I go with another brand of trimmer I may try dewalt just for the fact its cordless and I already have batteries from dewalt. If the dewalt trimmer doesn't have a comparable alternative to speed feed I may switch the head out.

Yea I'm a Stihl man, if I don't have a lot of land I would pull the trigger on the Dewalt battery equipment. 

• Like 1