New tool releases from Milwaukee

KnarlyCarl

After watching the video again, I must admit.... I am coming away more impressed with the storage system. For $280 It doesn't seem to bad when you consider your normal method of storing your tools. For independent contractors who are going from job to job, this system would be the way to go, in my opinion. Similar to their nail guns and out door stuff, I will be waiting for others to buy so I can see some reviews.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FrosBros82 said:

After watching the video again, I must admit.... I am coming away more impressed with the storage system. For $280 It doesn't seem to bad when you consider your normal method of storing your tools. For independent contractors who are going from job to job, this system would be the way to go, in my opinion. Similar to their nail guns and out door stuff, I will be waiting for others to buy so I can see some reviews.

The videos (A Concord Carpenter's) are what changed my mind and justified the price. I hope they come out with boxes with drawers.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BMack37 said:

The videos (A Concord Carpenter's) are what changed my mind and justified the price. I hope they come out with boxes with drawers.

I agree. It's interesting that they actually came out with new storage solutions. I talked to my Milwaukee rep about storage and he told me there is minimal money in it... because the shipping cost that come with the boxes... which at the time made sense in my mind. With that, I think it's more of a product to try and counter what Dewalt is doing.... in my opinion.

• Like 1

Not sure if it's a regional thing or what. There are probably 20 sets of Ridgid boxes floating around my shop at any given time.

On stage all you see is different departments using Ridgid. I can't recall the last time I saw a set of Dewalt boxes.

12 hours ago, BMack37 said:

One feature that is seemingly missing is the ability to have the same functionality as the tough system cart and wall rack. No wall rack or cart to hold the packout boxes were announced. Seems like a missed opportunity to not have the ability to mount on a wall rack. Milwaukee may have something up their sleeve. Hopefully they will unveil it in their next wave of packout releases. Thats the one feature where tough system still has the upper hand. Maybe could call it the "UnPack Rack"?

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Jronman said:

One feature that is seemingly missing is the ability to have the same functionality as the tough system cart and wall rack. No wall rack or cart to hold the packout boxes were announced. Seems like a missed opportunity to not have the ability to mount on a wall rack. Milwaukee may have something up their sleeve. Hopefully they will unveil it in their next wave of packout releases. Thats the one feature where tough system still has the upper hand. Maybe could call it the "UnPack Rack"?

With the way they attach and the bracing on the corners, there's a LOT of room for innovative design. Heck, they can make small bags that hang off the side too. I'm sure that their are tons of stuff in the works, surely a radio as well.

• 2 months later...

That's a big light, reminds me of the yellow rocket hahaha

radius1.jpg

radius-3-300x273.png

• 9000 Lumens on High (4 hours of run-time)
  • 4800 Lumens on Medium (7 hours of run-time)
  • 2500 Lumens on Low (14 hours of run-time)
  • Weight: 27.1 lbs*
  • IP54 rated
  • Price: $599 with battery

Super wham bam high torque impact wrench

1501259459674.png

Delivering up to 1400 ft-lbs of Nut-Busting Torque, the new M18 FUEL™ High Torque Impact Wrenches are cited to be the industry’s most powerful high torque impact wrenches, as well as the most compact.

Also available in 3/4"

• Like 1

Kind of a bummer that the new high torque pin detent impact wrench doesn't get the same 1400ft/lbs.  Not that I really need it as the first gen ever was short on power for what I do, but if I'm going to "justify" getting the new one it better be the biggest and baddest and I work at heights so the the pin detent is a must.

• Like 1

On 8/19/2017 at 2:15 PM, Biggie said:

Kind of a bummer that the new high torque pin detent impact wrench doesn't get the same 1400ft/lbs.  Not that I really need it as the first gen ever was short on power for what I do, but if I'm going to "justify" getting the new one it better be the biggest and baddest and I work at heights so the the pin detent is a must.

If they're going to have an issue with the torque breaking the pin detent they're going to need to find a way to reinvent the wheel. I'm not in need of the high torque or a pin detent but that was still disappointing to hear.

On 8/18/2017 at 9:31 PM, KnarlyCarl said:

That's a big light, reminds me of the yellow rocket hahaha

radius1.jpg

radius-3-300x273.png

• 9000 Lumens on High (4 hours of run-time)
  • 4800 Lumens on Medium (7 hours of run-time)
  • 2500 Lumens on Low (14 hours of run-time)
  • Weight: 27.1 lbs*
  • IP54 rated
  • Price: $599 with battery

Wtf Sad

looked like it wasn't at nps.
Wherever this was shot and they were checking it out, I would not consider this their review, simply a first impression look.... And as you can see, the comments of that video share my sentiment[emoji51] [emoji42]

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk