New tool releases from Milwaukee

KnarlyCarl

I'd agree with Brian, the problem is it's huge. It's going to be very specific for full size vehicle work. I got a little excited because I've been waiting for Bosch to make a smaller one like Milwaukees compact M12. I could really use it at my job but the big one would interfere with pretty much everything. No maneuverability underneath a truck when your on a creeper.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/7/2017 at 6:35 AM, ldahlberg said:

Any idea if the are making M12 surge?

No m12 surge, the hydraulic driver assembly requires a larger size to get decent torque out of it, and it would defeat the purpose of putting a larger head on a m12 impact, so they only have it on the m18

The carry out system looks  pretty looks pretty sweet. In one video I saw it said Sept release and 280.00 list price for the 3 box stack. I hope HD will drop the price a bit or they will price themselves out of the market. HD sells the 3 box Ridgid system for 130.00, that is quite the difference.

In my business you can show up on any stage and there are a ton on Ridgid boxes. Carpenters, set dressers, grips, art dept all use them. If Milwaukee sticks to the higher price tag, then I'll stick with Ridgid boxes.

I have the Milwaukee 46 in chest and I'm kind of disappointed in it. After about 9-10 months of use the drawers are kind of sticking and not sliding straight. I guess its good for a home owner, but not in a commercial setting. I miss my Matco box. I do not see it lasting past the 2 year mark...

15 hours ago, Bremon said:

280... that's 375 CAD... that's more expensive than Systainers, and over twice as expensive as a stack of DS150/300/400 at normal price.

Pricing their storage boxes above systainers is moronic.  I love the locking mechanism and the toughness is nice, but I don't drop cinder blocks on my tools. 

Bottom line is that I'm just not going to spend more than 3x the amount that I'd spend on TStaks just because they're red.  At that price point, I'm all in ordering systainers from amazon.co.uk and still ending up with more $$$ in my pocket to buy more tools..

• Like 3

On ‎6‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 9:15 PM, SetBuilder said:

At about 6:27 in he mentions the price. Very nice set up, but I could buy two Ridgid sets and still have money left over. 

These storage systems look awesome, however, I will be curious to see how much they will be? I am guessing they are going to break the bank.

4 hours ago, FrosBros82 said:

These storage systems look awesome, however, I will be curious to see how much they will be? I am guessing they are going to break the bank.

At first, maybe, but they always seem to price them ridiculous, then come down on  the price as a "special" or promo and it becomes much more viable to  more people

• Like 2

If they're picked up by Home Depot the prices should be competitive. Or at least closer in Canada. If not they will probably be insane. Have to figure out if their rolling bag is worth a go or if I should wait for the bins.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

22 hours ago, KnarlyCarl said:

At first, maybe, but they always seem to price them ridiculous, then come down on  the price as a "special" or promo and it becomes much more viable to  more people

The more I look at the features the more I think the price is reasonable. The bags are a little pricey but the non-clear top boxes look really expensive to produce.