New tool releases from Milwaukee

KnarlyCarl

What gets me is the low cost option from Empire I believe is made in USA while the red wannabe Stabila (wannabila?) is Chinese. Wtf. The Germans are making good wages and their product speaks for itself. They should pay someone a good wage to make the red stick too instead of just more money for advertising. 

Yep, Empire is USA made and the Redsticks are from China.
724dd6386a7494934f35de9608d24f08.png72d9e68db60053c6fe7e5588110a3b72.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, Empire is USA made and the Redsticks are from China.
724dd6386a7494934f35de9608d24f08.png72d9e68db60053c6fe7e5588110a3b72.png

Is anything from TTI American made? With the exception of their most recent accuisition, Empire? I just assumed all of their tools were made in the same 3,000,000sq/ft factory in Hong Kong.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Is anything from TTI American made? With the exception of their most recent accuisition, Empire? I just assumed all of their tools were made in the same 3,000,000sq/ft factory in Hong Kong.

Too funny

Not everything is made in China:

Hart is Taiwan, Stilleto is USA, and Oreck is also USA made. When you sell a hammer for $200 it's easy to make it in the US, it has no electronics that can be made cheaper in China. Not sure why Hart is in Taiwan, probably because it's inexpensive tools so they keep manufacturing costs down.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Milwaukee_man_stan said:

Looks like milwaukee has a new kind of tape measure...

It's compact it has fractions and look pretty slick

https://www.milwaukeetool.com/compare-products?skus=48-22-6616&skus=48-22-6630&skus=48-22-6625

Yes, had that back on the previous page: 

Not sure I'm too excited about a tape measure, I'm no conessuoir lol 

10 hours ago, comp56 said:

UK version, looks nice

10 hours ago, KnarlyCarl said:

Yes, had that back on the previous page: 

Not sure I'm too excited about a tape measure, I'm no conessuoir lol 

UK version, looks nice

Oh I see, thanks for bringing that to my attention, I'm now embarrassed.

A guy told me once that Milwaukee tools are higher quality tools because they are made in China

[emoji47] face palm. I bet he also said Pittsburgh tools are just as good as snap-on and all you are paying for is the name.

11 hours ago, Milwaukee_man_stan said:

Oh I see, thanks for bringing that to my attention, I'm now embarrassed.

Nah, it's nothing, just thought I'd put that there in case you missed it, which it appears you had :D

At this point in time, not sure I see what's so special about the tapes besides being smaller, but if they don't hold up as well, i don't want them....we shall see. Also very interested to see the new Dewalt tapes..

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, tcoscarelli said:

emoji47.png face palm. I bet he also said Pittsburgh tools are just as good as snap-on and all you are paying for is the name.

That's what HF showed me, it all makes sense! 

Cr1_Lp1UAAA-lRK.jpg

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bremon said:

Man I can't understate how excited I am for the 2861. The pics on Milwaukee's site even show it with a boot, so hopefully the boot is more readily available than the compact gen2 boot. 

My card is primed and ready for when it's available. The 3/4 inch torque wrench is ready for torque testing too.

• Like 1

I have a 2451, 2654, two 2655, 2659, 2662, and a bosch iwbh182.  Not to mention my work truck has a 2755 and 2763 on it, yet I can hardly wait for the 2860.  In reality I don't need it, but after listing out my impact wrenches I see I have a problem haha.

I'm looking forward to the 2860. I have the 2763 and the 2654, but still want the 2762, 2764, and 2759. The more impact wrenches the better!

• Like 3

Lol you guys. I try to stay strictly practical with my tool collection but you guys make it difficult not to have a "more more more" mentality :lol:. Like an AA for tools where everyone talks about how great drinks are. 

Well I need the compact 1/2" and the 3/4" one for tight spaces and larger stuck fasteners respectively, the others are just nice to have. If I have enough impacts and sockets I can con people into helping me with things. :)