Metabo 5inch grinder

CATERPILLAR

6 hours ago, Stercorarius said:

I'll run a Metabo all day everyday, and sometimes do. Absolutely love the grinders and the prices I got mine at. That being said I want to pick up a Walter and a Fein, but they are hard to find locally.

yes that is one of the reasons I didn't bother to get another Walter, they are not sold openly as the other brands they cater more so to mainly industrial industry and are not trying to be mainstream.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, KnarlyCarl said:

Your Metabo was probably older, the new ones are much more powerful, more so than your Makita probably..

Also, Walter cordless grinders are rebranded Metabo, so no difference there.

and some Metabo's were rebranded bosch so what gives who makes what...

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, KnarlyCarl said:

Your Metabo was probably older, the new ones are much more powerful, more so than your Makita probably..

Also, Walter cordless grinders are rebranded Metabo, so no difference there.

I dont care as much about power as reliability  and walters do look alot like metabos plus my makita is only a year old 

4 hours ago, CATERPILLAR said:

Dont u have cordless or do u have some corded metabo too

I have two corded Metabos, a rat tail and a flat head. I love them. I had a bunch of Metabo cordless stuff including a die grinder and a 4.5" brushless grinder along with 4 6.2ah batteries, one 5.5 and three 3.somethings, but we know how well that ended.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, comp56 said:

and some Metabo's were rebranded bosch so what gives who makes what...

Bosch grinders i have bought and used have all seemed mechanically nice, but are a hit and miss on ergonomics. Did any of the guys run Boschs back in your shop days?

4 hours ago, comp56 said:

yes that is one of the reasons I didn't bother to get another Walter, they are not sold openly as the other brands they cater more so to mainly industrial industry and are not trying to be mainstream.

Yeah, I've been eyeballing some Fein grinders on clearance at CPO and have started looking around at Walter. I'll probably wait to kill at least one of my grinders before I jump on anything though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stercorarius said:

Bosch grinders i have bought and used have all seemed mechanically nice, but are a hit and miss on ergonomics. Did any of the guys run Boschs back in your shop days?

Yeah, I've been eyeballing some Fein grinders on clearance at CPO and have started looking around at Walter. I'll probably wait to kill at least one of my grinders before I jump on anything though.

when I was working in the fab shop Walter was NO.1 corded and big, but bullet proof.......Milwaukee was a close second and Makita was the last resort no one wanted to grab the Makita's .........this was a big shop any given time there was over 100 guys on the floor and probably 20 -30 using grinders at any given time not even close to serious DIYer's....Porter Cable came into the picture for awhile but couldn't stand up and didn't last long........

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, comp56 said:

when I was working in the fab shop Walter was NO.1 corded and big, but bullet proof.......Milwaukee was a close second and Makita was the last resort no one wanted to grab the Makita's .........this was a big shop any given time there was over 100 guys on the floor and probably 20 -30 using grinders at any given time not even close to serious DIYer's....Porter Cable came into the picture for awhile but couldn't stand up and didn't last long........

Why was makita last 

Bosch I got is just a log, nothing to cater to the hand

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...