The new service van

KnarlyCarl

Old van:

2007 Sprinter

Dually, 3500, long, tall, extremely nice to work out of, extremely so

Contant engine trouble, needs major maintenance, ABS problems, leaking washer fluid bottle, leaking brake fluid somewhere slowly, a plethora of other issues.

BUT I strongly suspect it was in an accident that could easily have caused many unforeseen issues.

When we got it several years ago, the rear shelving was not well secured to the one side, and upon installing new bolts and beefier hardware, I was able to see where it had ripped out the one side and with great force, smash into the other side shelving, it was clear something happened.

Then underneath, the holes in the body where a little stretched where an alignment rack machine would have pulled it straight, I'm SURE of it!

Bought in Florida, but fire extinguisher has inspection tags from Pennsylvania.

Body was repainted, but a deplorable job at that.

it's time to let this lemon go.

IMG_20161102_171150941_HDR

New van:

2015 Ford Transit

2500 single rear wheel, long tall, brand new, slight hail damage to the hood

Backup camera!!

IMG_20161102_170905290

IMG_20161103_175919930_HDR

Didn't take a lot of pics along the way, but I removed the rear A/C unit, that's just asking to be damaged, and I wanted the space..

Took it to a shop and they capped off the a/c lines:

IMG_20161119_134530419

There was channel along each side to house the wires that go to the back of the van, I wanted them out of the way and decided to put the wires in the body itself.

I'm a glutton for punishment, what an ordeal haha

IMG_20161117_174727528

• Like 4

Got the wires behind and everything works, also tapped off the reverse light wire for a reverse alarm, soldering as I went (scotch locks are stupid)

IMG_20161119_165131536

IMG_20161121_152105348

Had to check underneath real quick, so why not?

IMG_20161121_171241726

We're putting masonite over top of this OSB

IMG_20161121_171439445

In progress, I'll be putting covers over the spray foam, including the ceiling, where I'll put led strips up

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, KnarlyCarl said:

Got the wires behind and everything works, also tapped off the reverse light wire for a reverse alarm, soldering as I went (scotch locks are stupid)

IMG_20161119_165131536

IMG_20161121_152105348

Had to check underneath real quick, so why not?

IMG_20161121_171241726

We're putting masonite over top of this OSB

IMG_20161121_171439445

In progress, I'll be putting covers over the spray foam, including the ceiling, where I'll put led strips up

good looken job man make sure u post one when u are finished with it love to see it :) can i ask what you do for a living are you a plummer  or a contractor :) have a good one 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, CATERPILLAR said:

good looken job man make sure u post one when u are finished with it love to see it :) can i ask what you do for a living are you a plummer  or a contractor :) have a good one 

Yeah I'm a plumber for a plumbing/HVAC contractor company

8 hours ago, kruton said:

How does the space compare between your old van and the new one? Way to show off the Milwaukee light too!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

It's maybe an inch more narrow than the sprinter, but this one is couple inches taller! Length is about the same I think, forgot to measure that....

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, Jronman said:

@KnarlyCarl warning do not lift by roof.

LOL ya that was a sticker off a whole house generator, Briggs and Stratton to be specific...

Yeah, big surprise getting a new one, usually it's a couple years old, it's always nice to get in a new vehicle, despite the time spent swapping out. Some guys hate having to move vehicles, but I love it because it's a fresh start, I know I'm going to clear out a ton of unused stuff from the old Sprinter (haven't changed vehicles yet, no time) 

I'm getting a little desperate though, because the fan in the sprinter recently quite working, so only when you go down the road, ram air pushed heat through, otherwise, you freeze sitting still.

Improvements? Just wait, I will have to post some as the swap takes place.

One big one was getting all the wiring behind in the body (as little exposed as possible) PLUS the spray insulation, that will really be nice I"m hoping...

• Like 2

LOL ya that was a sticker off a whole house generator, Briggs and Stratton to be specific...

Yeah, big surprise getting a new one, usually it's a couple years old, it's always nice to get in a new vehicle, despite the time spent swapping out. Some guys hate having to move vehicles, but I love it because it's a fresh start, I know I'm going to clear out a ton of unused stuff from the old Sprinter (haven't changed vehicles yet, no time) 

I'm getting a little desperate though, because the fan in the sprinter recently quite working, so only when you go down the road, ram air pushed heat through, otherwise, you freeze sitting still.

Improvements? Just wait, I will have to post some as the swap takes place.

One big one was getting all the wiring behind in the body (as little exposed as possible) PLUS the spray insulation, that will really be nice I"m hoping...

Ha can I smell an m18 fa hack LOL

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

11 minutes ago, JimboS1ice said:

Thought you had one for some reason

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, NicolasRamos said:

I'm as surprised as you are!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Come on, i don't have all their tools LOL!!  Although Milwaukee said they are sending me the new Surge impact WOOHOO

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
I own a transit myself and what I'd do for a high roof. Bumped my head too many times. Great vans by the way

I agree. If I had the choice my new van would have been at the very least a mid roof. I'm only 5'11" so I don't really need the high roof, but I wouldn't mind its versatility.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro