Drill glitches

AnonymousJoe

I've had a rough month with my 2704 hammer drill. So after my first drill was sent in twice for service it still wasn't fixed. I just purchased a new drill and today it just goes unresponsive. Fully charged battery taking it off and on and nothing it's dead. Tried this for a few minutes and got no response.  My old drill would do this but removing the battery would always correct it.  But I come back to the drill at the end of the day and all of a sudden it works fine now. I found this bizarre until I started looking up reviews to find other people having the same issues but I never hear about it on this forum. Is this a glitch or is this common, any opinions? It's a brand new drill, no dust, no water.

• Like 1

It's quite strange, sorry you're having so much trouble, and not just because it's milwaukee.

I have the 2604, 2704, and the 2706 drills and all three haven't had a single issue. I also have their impact counterparts, and only had an issue with the 2753 impact, but that was just because ChrisK had it before me LOL ... nah, it was a bad trigger, I sent it in through eservice and they took care of it for me...

Wish I could help you more on the technical side, but I don't have any issues like that to share my experience with

I'd return it because you just bought it.

Are the battery lights flashing? It could have triggered it's overload protection, sometimes my M12 tools will do this if I start to squeeze the trigger and let off. Next time remove the battery then replace and retry. If that doesn't work remove the battery and squeeze the trigger then reapply the battery. Let us know the results please...I'd still return it instead of messing with an intermittent fault.

34 minutes ago, JimboS1ice said:

I'm with Conductor562, I have quite a few Milwaukee drills and despite the chrisk drill curse knock on wood, my 2704 has had zero issues, even dodged the chuck wobble issue lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'll third that have had and still have a few Milwaukee drills with zero issues running true

21 hours ago, AnonymousJoe said:

I've had a rough month with my 2704 hammer drill. So after my first drill was sent in twice for service it still wasn't fixed. I just purchased a new drill and today it just goes unresponsive. Fully charged battery taking it off and on and nothing it's dead. Tried this for a few minutes and got no response.  My old drill would do this but removing the battery would always correct it.  But I come back to the drill at the end of the day and all of a sudden it works fine now. I found this bizarre until I started looking up reviews to find other people having the same issues but I never hear about it on this forum. Is this a glitch or is this common, any opinions? It's a brand new drill, no dust, no water.

Get a Dewalt.

:D

• Like 1

I wonder if it might be something with the electronics on your battery. The only Milwaukee issues I have had was a bad nail gun which was a common problem they launched those a little too early, and one back M12 pack. Never had any trouble with drills or impacts. I do baby my tools though.

I've never had a problem with any of my batteries or other tools. But 2 of my drills now and my co-workers drill seems like more than coincidence. And after reading reviews online it's kinda confirmed it for me.  My co-workers drill was also brand new and the rpm's would just drop and go erratic in hammer mode. Either way last year I jumped ship to Milwaukee so I'm pretty heavily invested now with all 1 year old tools so I'll order a 3rd drill now and keep my fingers crossed.  I was tempted to dust off my old dewalt tools after this but most of them are brushed and I only had 3.0 batteries vs all my Milwaukee brushless tools and 5.0 batteries. I'd almost have to reinvest into dewalt to make the switch back comparable at this point.

15 minutes ago, AnonymousJoe said:

I've never had a problem with any of my batteries or other tools. But 2 of my drills now and my co-workers drill seems like more than coincidence. And after reading reviews online it's kinda confirmed it for me.  My co-workers drill was also brand new and the rpm's would just drop and go erratic in hammer mode. Either way last year I jumped ship to Milwaukee so I'm pretty heavily invested now with all 1 year old tools so I'll order a 3rd drill now and keep my fingers crossed.  I was tempted to dust off my old dewalt tools after this but most of them are brushed and I only had 3.0 batteries vs all my Milwaukee brushless tools and 5.0 batteries. I'd almost have to reinvest into dewalt to make the switch back comparable at this point.

I was just mentally thinking on if anything besides the drills could be the problem. Something is up with Milwaukee and the recent quality though. More people here have been having problems than ever the past 6 months to a year.

Well got a call from Milwaukee today from their drill department. They are overnighting a new drill to me and I'm assuming it's in the air now all the way to Cleveland! I'm going to be sending my old drill to them so they can look at it and figure why it's acting the way it is. The new drill I bought that was acting up is going to be returned because I already purchased a 3rd drill. It's a lot going on but hopefully I'll end up with a drill that'll last atleast until a gen 3 comes out! Thanks to TIA for going to bat for me and thanks Mayela from Milwaukee for the help! ?

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Just had this happen with my one key drill. Bluetooth light would go on and all other controls were unresponsive. I decided to spin the fan a bit with a screwdriver and it started working again.

My m12 fuel impact has always had a similar issue but just changing speeds would make it work again. This was very different. Need to get the impact repaired. Does that all of the time now sadly. It's also seen the hell of a lot more use so I'm not as bothered by that one.

• 2 weeks later...
Well the new drill they sent me went unresponsive today. That's the third one now wtf

I agree with Jimbo. Did you make sure it's not the battery that is killing them? Do you use the same battery on all the drills or have you been using different batteries? If you've been using the same battery on all of them throw it on another tool, preferably one you can afford to be without, and see if it kills that tool too. It seems unlikely that every drill you get would have the same issue. You probably have better odds of winning the lottery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk