Drill glitches

AnonymousJoe

• 1 month later...

Sooo..... was recently drilling some tapcons and the bit got stuck in the chuck . No biggie it happens, a lot of elbow grease and got it out but something felt off. I noticed the chuck now has a lot of up/down play like something came loose inside so I'll be sending it in for service. Now back to the point of this thread- I decided to buy a back-up drill while that one is out, same 2704. Opened the box, put a battery in it and nothing. Switch between drill/ hammer modes and still nothing. Put in reverse and it works fine. Then I put it back in forward and get nothing again. Squeeze the trigger a handful of times and it starts up I hear an awful clank and grinding noise and it stops again. My luck is kinda funny at this point lol so I just thought I'd update this thread

Sooo..... was recently drilling some tapcons and the bit got stuck in the chuck . No biggie it happens, a lot of elbow grease and got it out but something felt off. I noticed the chuck now has a lot of up/down play like something came loose inside so I'll be sending it in for service. Now back to the point of this thread- I decided to buy a back-up drill while that one is out, same 2704. Opened the box, put a battery in it and nothing. Switch between drill/ hammer modes and still nothing. Put in reverse and it works fine. Then I put it back in forward and get nothing again. Squeeze the trigger a handful of times and it starts up I hear an awful clank and grinding noise and it stops again. My luck is kinda funny at this point lol so I just thought I'd update this thread

Wish the Milwaukee came with a rohm chuck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15 hours ago, AnonymousJoe said:

Wow man. I have a customer that is like that with Sharp TVs, I've been to his place more times than I can remember, at least four main boards, three different replacement TVs. He owns one TV and it's all been under Sharp warranty.

On 12/2/2016 at 3:02 PM, AnonymousJoe said:

I've had a rough month with my 2704 hammer drill. So after my first drill was sent in twice for service it still wasn't fixed. I just purchased a new drill and today it just goes unresponsive. Fully charged battery taking it off and on and nothing it's dead. Tried this for a few minutes and got no response.  My old drill would do this but removing the battery would always correct it.  But I come back to the drill at the end of the day and all of a sudden it works fine now. I found this bizarre until I started looking up reviews to find other people having the same issues but I never hear about it on this forum. Is this a glitch or is this common, any opinions? It's a brand new drill, no dust, no water.

You are a loyal user if you keep buying the same drill after all the failures. 

On 12/2/2016 at 3:02 PM, AnonymousJoe said:

I've had a rough month with my 2704 hammer drill. So after my first drill was sent in twice for service it still wasn't fixed. I just purchased a new drill and today it just goes unresponsive. Fully charged battery taking it off and on and nothing it's dead. Tried this for a few minutes and got no response.  My old drill would do this but removing the battery would always correct it.  But I come back to the drill at the end of the day and all of a sudden it works fine now. I found this bizarre until I started looking up reviews to find other people having the same issues but I never hear about it on this forum. Is this a glitch or is this common, any opinions? It's a brand new drill, no dust, no water.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Nordraw said:

I know I just don't want to get in another battery platform. All my other milwaukee tools are great and problem free so I just don't get it. Hopefully Milwaukee won't make me wait years before they update this drill

Lol! Careful what you wish for, [mention=51951]JimboS1ice[/mention] will never forgive Big Red if they put the SBD style 3-speed slush box in their premium drill :lol:

Oh man that would not make me happy, rather see a 4 speed like a hilti or fein

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk