When your dust system falls off on your sawstop

CATERPILLAR

ya there is always going to be some debris left in the bottom of a table saw regardless of how good your dust collection is but that looks as if something stopped prior to cleaning it. My saw has cut many things now and after a few weeks I checked to see how well the dust control was working 6.5HP shop vac direct to dust deputy and all is fine .....very little on the very bottom of chute 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

We didn't have top of the line anything in my high school shop but we were blessed to have a Timesaver wide belt sander. Was an old enough model to where it had no depth guide but it still worked great. Back when Timesavers were green. When I was in high school we had problems with tools going missing. Particularly drills. The new Timesaver wide belts are a dream to use. Computerized depth adjustment and can automatically determine material thickness

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jronman said:

We didn't have top of the line anything in my high school shop but we were blessed to have a Timesaver wide belt sander. Was an old enough model to where it had no depth guide but it still worked great. Back when Timesavers were green. When I was in high school we had problems with tools going missing. Particularly drills.

Lol did u end up with one of those drills ? we do have a newer timesaver . did u have cordless in highschool or corded 

8 minutes ago, CATERPILLAR said:

Lol did u end up with one of those drills ? we do have a newer timesaver . did u have cordless in highschool or corded 

We used DeWALT 12v for basic work, a corded for dowels, and a drill press for larger cuts. I got no idea where they ended up. I don't even know if they were ever recovered. I have used a new Timesaver in college. They got it the year before I arrived and as I stated in the message above its great. One of the computerized models. Probably something I would want in my dream shop.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CATERPILLAR said:

Nice ? do u want me to get a picture of the one we have at my high school

sure. Maybe a wide belt orbital would be better than a wide belt planer. Wouldn't want to see the price on it though. The one college got was $20k and I think it was a 1300 model and not a 2300. the 2300 is probably $30k or more haha.

• Like 1