New Anti Trip Breaker....

RickyMcGrath

5 minutes ago, Kato said:

Could be a lock-out method to keep people from turning it off... 0006.gif

ya I think if you told the right people they may go for it......right people meaning having an IQ less than 65

Breakers will still trip if theres a overload an lock in place. Could be a quick hack for a fire alarm or a emergency light circuit if they didnt have the breaker lock. Still looks shady but just because its locked on doesn't mean it wont trip. 

IMG_5983.JPG

IMG_5984.JPG

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Woz said:

Breakers will still trip if theres a overload an lock in place. Could be a quick hack for a fire alarm if they didnt have the breaker lock. Still looks shady but just because its locked on doesn't mean it wont trip. 

True, forgot about that, it will trip if overloaded, but you have to reset by turning completely off which means it cannot provide power once it trips even in this configuration..... so we'll give them benefit of doubt on that

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LarryS said:

Speaking from experience?? :lol:

haha before the internet, social media was sitting in a coffee shop overhearing someone talking....so ya I heard about it there ...lol

• Like 4

As electrical horrors go, this is pretty mild. Still remember vaporizing a pair of Klein pliers when I started as an electrician. I had been sent to cut Nomex to water heater in a crawl space so plumbers could move it to a different location. Cut cable and was temporarily flash blinded by my pliers vaporizing. I had looked around the side of the house to see if the meter had been installed yet and it still had the glass cover on, so I proceeded. I should have (and always did after this) looked inside the glass. Some @#$$^& had put bare wire jumpers in the meter box so they could play their radio. Thank goodness for insulated handles as I was sitting in damp earth when it happened. Moral: NEVER underestimate the danger imbeciles will put you in for their convenience! 

d2000-8.jpg

• Like 6

10 hours ago, Atlas2000 said:

As electrical horrors go, this is pretty mild. Still remember vaporizing a pair of Klein pliers when I started as an electrician. I had been sent to cut Nomex to water heater in a crawl space so plumbers could move it to a different location. Cut cable and was temporarily flash blinded by my pliers vaporizing. I had looked around the side of the house to see if the meter had been installed yet and it still had the glass cover on, so I proceeded. I should have (and always did after this) looked inside the glass. Some @#$$^& had put bare wire jumpers in the meter box so they could play their radio. Thank goodness for insulated handles as I was sitting in damp earth when it happened. Moral: NEVER underestimate the danger imbeciles will put you in for their convenience! 

That's a new one, i'll remember that, I do try to double check power to water heaters regardless of how adamant the customer is they turned the breaker off, no offense, Mr. Smith

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/12/2016 at 9:57 AM, Atlas2000 said:

d2000-8.jpg

Wow. That's some scary stuff. 

And the moral of your story is 100% true!

On December 12, 2016 at 10:57 AM, Atlas2000 said:

d2000-8.jpg

That's pretty scary. That's another reason to Always test the circuits for power.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...