Uploading videos from Ipad

MikeyB

8 minutes ago, MikeyB said:

I'm having a problem adding a video to my post. I have no problem with pics from my iPad just videos. Looks like I don't have an allowed file. Aniy ideas?

Thanks 

I upload my videos to my YouTube channel and then add a link to the post.

When I view my video on Vimeo there is a link on the top of the video and it has  a copy URL feature, I click that then go back to my post to "insert other media"

then click on Insert image from URL, I then try to paste it in and nothing happens. I was so close,, lol

Give me a couple of days to see what is going on.  I will see if I can fix it, but if not, I can talk with our IT guy.   I know we reset what type of things can be uploaded, but I am surprised it's not taking a link.  It might just be a setting on the backend.  Is it giving you an error message?

I tried to post both YouTube and Vimeo and they both were able to post.  Question, are you posting the link from the address bar on the video or the share link?  I posted the above two videos from my iPad and used the share link, not the address bar link.

The only reason we don't allow videos directly is server space and cost.  We wish we could let people upload videos directly, but it just eats away at our server space.  When we have to get more server space, it cost a lot of money each month.  Plus when you upload it to your account, you have control if you ever want to pull it down or make changes to the video.

Try the same link with the airplane, but instead of using the insert, just paste it directly into the post.  Once you paste it into the post, give it a couple of seconds and it should then automatically load.  If it doesn't load right away, try hitting enter after posting

Let me know, this should work, but if not, let me know.