What am i doing wrong with one key?

Milwaukee walt

I can't ever seem to link to my 2 tools that are one key compatible.  Even if my phone is touching the tool itself,  if i do its only for a second then they are gone and I can't change any settings.  Ive tried removing the app and reinstalling it a couple times and my inventory ive added is there but nothing when it comes to  near by. 

I have issues connecting the Bluetooth on my jobsite radio. It's not OneKey, but may be a similar issue. I'm wondering if it has more to do with the bluetooth technology? My phone (iPhone 6) connects flawlessly every time to any other bluetooth device, but my radio I have to sync/find/etc multiple times before it finally connects.

Im using a galaxy s6 edge, i have no trouble connecting to my m18 radio and the app worked for a short time.  Hasn't worked at all lately. I was mostly interested because of the ability to track lost or stolen equipment.  The only settings I've ever  needed was  variable potentiometer and my fat digit...what i was really impressed with and moved to the top of the wishlist was the surge impact driver.  That thing is on another level and would definitely be first choice out the truck instead of my m12 hammer drill.

Motorola Droid Turbo 2. Never a single problem, which kinda sucks if it's because of software security issues on your phone.

On 12/19/2016 at 8:18 PM, glass said:

one key is retarded  return it save money  be a human set the controls manually

Must be you. Just state your experience, and move on, because everyone gets tired of statements like this. Seriously. 

I have issues with tools, I don't degrade another for using it if they like it. I don't name call, it's time you took a hint from the adults here. 

One key is awesome, it has huge potential, this is just the tip of the iceberg..... the hardware is all in place, it's just a matter of tweaking the software, I really want them to ramp up the interface controls on the apps and get it working across the board for all phones. 

• Like 6

Motorola Droid Turbo 2. Never a single problem, which kinda sucks if it's because of software security issues on your phone.

Must be you. Just state your experience, and move on, because everyone gets tired of statements like this. Seriously. 

I have issues with tools, I don't degrade another for using it if they like it. I don't name call, it's time you took a hint from the adults here. 

One key is awesome, it has huge potential, this is just the tip of the iceberg..... the hardware is all in place, it's just a matter of tweaking the software, I really want them to ramp up the interface controls on the apps and get it working across the board for all phones. 

I'd love to see programmable torque on the next iteration, imagine the mechanical aspect of that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, wildroamer said:

@KnarlyCarl

One Key is gross...and it has cooties!

Lol too funny

I admit I rolled my eyes and mumbled incoherently to myself when you posted your aggravation, I have anger issues with my phone not working like it should, I keep that too myself tho.... Because well, you know, it doesn't benefit anyone when I start screaming at it. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Eric - TIA said:

I am not about sure about Android. I have the iPhone 5 and can't even load the app on the older phones.  It only supports the newer phones, so maybe it's the same issue with Android.  I don't have a problem connecting my iPhone through Bluetooth, that always seems to work.  

I have the iPhone 5 too. i went to download the app and it says iPhone 5s and newer are supported.

It's kind of how it goes, OneKey is a great idea but we have to remember that with all apps the hardware the apps are going on is almost always expected to be new or new-ish. Milwaukee sort of missed the mark there, because a lot of their target users for OneKey are the same guys that will have flip phones. A lot of guys that work professionally invest in the newest, best tools but don't invest in personal technology. What they should have done, and I said this before, was make it bluetooth but also make a USB option. Right now, the tools are already released and there are Bluetooth problems and no way to access the settings...the only solution now is a Milwaukee dongle that can plug into a computer to connect to the tools. Sure that would generate some money for them but it would also generate some negative pushback.

• Like 3

Whatever.  Boo. Hooo. That's right I think it sucks. Deal with it. I can say what I want and so can you. The more connected we are at work the less we can think for ourselves. So go ahead program away your skills. I will stick with being a Neanderthal. 

We're all entitled to our opinions but that comes with being respectful too, I've done my fair share of negativity on tools but we shouldn't knock on other guys for using them, this is a great community let's keep it that way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

48 minutes ago, wildroamer said:

I didn't see glass attack anyone, let's all hug it out, lol!

It's just a tool, albeit one that has been frustrating for some of us.

Merry Christmas everyone!

I know I'm more frustrated by software issues than mechanical. The latter is tangible and I can see what's going on. The software is a digital spectrum that makes my printer screw up a nice paper and I now want to throw it out my second floor window. Your existing tools will still work without requiring an "update" but not your software...

HP is retarded, save your money, be a human and write everything out by hand.... :D

• Like 3

@Milwaukee walt the one key app requires a certain bluetooth version or higher. I think its version 4.0. Sounds like you have a supported phone might be a defective tool or defective phone? I suggest setting up each of your settings on your one key tools with options that best suit your needs. Maybe you have a 100% performance mode, drywall mode, sheet metal mode, and precision mode or whatever applications you use your tools for. Then you wouldn't have to mess with the app again. If your needs change you can set your presets again and continue to forget about the app. Might be the best option?