My restoration project- 1964 willies

Theultimatehic

My dad bought this when i was young and gave it to me a few years ago.  Gonna start on it in the next year or two. Time has not been on my side since recieving it lol.  1964 jeep Willie's hard top and soft top.  Have original rims for it and spare tire mount which aren't pictured. 35000 original miles as well.

20150902_135018_HDR.jpg

20150902_135003_HDR.jpg

20150902_133648_HDR.jpg

20150902_133638_HDR.jpg

20150902_135011_HDR.jpg

20150902_135058_HDR.jpg

20150902_135032_HDR.jpg

• Like 6

This ones gonna keep u busy for sure man the body looks really good from some pics it looks like a lil bit of cancer has started but nothing drastic from the outside at least. I love to see these projects though very time consuming but all worth it at the end good luck man 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
what is pto?

Power take off, in my realm in the fire service we have pto pumps meaning that the engine will power the pump and the drive train at the same time, as opposed to one or the other, our bigger engines it's either In pump or drive where the smaller brush unit can pump and drive due to the PTO pump

Make sense? So basically the motor can power the drive train and another piece of equipment at the same time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

• 8 months later...
On 3/15/2017 at 7:36 PM, JimboS1ice said:

That's what I assumed but ya never know ha ha

Looking forward to this Willis are awesome, my cousins have one we used to go mudding around the farm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After WWII Jeeps were marketed as utility vehicles for a lot of different jobs, including farming.  The PTO originally allowed them to pull equipment normally reserved for tractors.  I did a fair amount of research over ten years ago when I still had my 1960 DJ3.  I want get another flat fender Jeep one day.  They're slow, moody, and most need a lot of work these days, but the classic original look is unmatched by anything since.  Then again, I'm a fan of military history, so a CJ-3B might suffice, since they are similar to the Korean War era M38A1.  One of these days...

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
17 hours ago, Jronman said:

There is a new Wrangler coming out. Jeeps closest looking vehicle to the "war era" Jeep. 

6 hours ago, DR99 said:

Crazy how tiny it is compared to a modern Jeep

Unfortunately, I doubt that Fiat Chrysler will ever make a Jeep with the charm and rugged utility of the M-series or even the simple off-road capability and versatility of the CJ series.  I'm biased, of course, but modern safety standards (not to mention convenience and luxury option necessary to enhance sales) make today's Jeeps little if any more practical than most other 4wd vehicles for off road use.  Military use is improbable at best--they simply wouldn't hold up to what I've put HMMWVs and even LMTVs through.  

Even so, it's nice that modern Jeep Wranglers at least maintain the basic appearance of their predecessors.

On 11/22/2017 at 4:27 AM, fm2176 said:

I want get another flat fender Jeep one day.  They're slow, moody, and most need a lot of work these days, but the classic original look is unmatched by anything since.  Then again, I'm a fan of military history, so a CJ-3B might suffice, since they are similar to the Korean War era M38A1.  One of these days...

I love flatties, but they don’t work so well for 6’6” 300+ lb. guys....

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BK13 said:

I love flatties, but they don’t work so well for 6’6” 300+ lb. guys....

True, mine was comfortable enough but still a little small for my 5'11" height.  The military knows how to make even the largest vehicles uncomfortably small, though.  Armored HMMWV variants are cramped for someone even my size, especially when you add body armor and battlefield tracking systems.

On 1/19/2018 at 3:45 AM, fm2176 said:

True, mine was comfortable enough but still a little small for my 5'11" height.  The military knows how to make even the largest vehicles uncomfortably small, though.  Armored HMMWV variants are cramped for someone even my size, especially when you add body armor and battlefield tracking systems.

Yeah, I sat in a civvy version and was amazed at how tight it was.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...