EGO mower

CoreyR

Looking at replacing my dead mower for the spring and was considering the EGO self propelled mower. Only thing holding me back is the price. I've watched some reviews (including the TIA one) and was curious if anyone else here has had personal experience with them? Also, what are the chances they release a newer version this coming year? And final question is, do they ever go on sale or have any deals at The HD?

Thanks!

They seem to release yearly or so with new models, not sure how much different it could possibly be. Problem is with the cost your in Honda territory and let me tell you I love my Honda mower, I would be more likely to switch to an Ego snow blower before a mower, but to get back on track they are the best cordless mower on the market, you can't go wrong with it.

Jimbo

sent from tapatalk

6 minutes ago, JimboS1ice said:

They seem to release yearly or so with new models, not sure how much different it could possibly be. Problem is with the cost your in Honda territory and let me tell you I love my Honda mower, I would be more likely to switch to an Ego snow blower before a mower, but to get back on track they are the best cordless mower on the market, you can't go wrong with it.

Jimbo

sent from tapatalk

I was just pricing out mowers at The HD and noticed Hondas coming in around the same price as an EGO. I've always heard good things about Honda mowers. My problem definitely comes to paying the same amount as a honda. It's crazy. 

I found one of the previous EGO 20" models on sale at HD about the time they released the latest version. I was a bit skeptical of the engineering when I first looked at them, but after using this one for a season, I no longer doubt the design. Works like a champ and is easy to store in the corner when not in use. The full retail price does put one off though. There is a Harbor Freight coupon for 25% off one item for Jan 1st and 2nd. You could attempt to get a price match...

I absolutely love my EGO 21" SP mower. I started off by picking up the 20" on clearance this summer and ended up selling it within 45 days and going with the 21" SP. I count be happier with it and I have no complaints whatsoever. I have a thick St Augustine lawn and it worked great on that. I planted Rye for the winter and it works amazingly well on the thinner rye grass. That's both end of the spectrum when it comes to grass types. I have roughly 5500SF of turf and I can EASILY mow everything twice, maybe 3 times if I don't use the SP.

How long have you all had the 21" SP mowers?  Everyone seems very high on them.  Just wondering about their longevity.  My Toro is about 15 years old and besides sharpening the blade and an every other year tune-up it has been reliable.  It usually starts by the second pull (well excluding the time it had no gas).  This past year it started to act up a little more and I am thinking about taking the plunge.  I just wonder if 5 - 10 years is a reasonable expectation of these devices.  I figured the battery at least would need to be replaced once or twice.