Knipex pliers have me hooked

WeldfabNeil

On 2/19/2017 at 9:43 AM, NicolasRamos said:

I always kept a pair of small Channellocks (6") in my general duty pouch. I've since replaced them with the 7.25" cobras. The smaller sizes really can get you into some hard to reach places that the 10" and larger just won't do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

So true, it's one pliers I'll grab for general stuff just for a quick check as a preliminary inspection going into a house before I bring my whole entourage in....

Speaking of knipex, @Bremon came across something interesting...

maxresdefault.jpg

I know that battery...

http://www.netzerotools.com/knipex-97-43-e-us-ecrimp-electromechanical-crimping-pliers

• Like 1

So true, it's one pliers I'll grab for general stuff just for a quick check as a preliminary inspection going into a house before I bring my whole entourage in....

Speaking of knipex, [mention=49609]Bremon[/mention] came across something interesting...
maxresdefault.jpg
I know that battery...

[/url] .

http://www.netzerotools.com/knipex-97-43-e-us-ecrimp-electromechanical-crimping-pliers

???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks for introducing me to this brand guys.
I found the Indian importer/distributor and he is a tool geek like you guys. Also imports other quality tools like Bessey Clamps and Wera tools among many others.
Pricing is also on par with US prices.

Just placed my first order for
1) 12" Pliers Wrench
2) 12" Quickset Cobra Pliers
3) 10" Siphon and Connectors plier with plastic teeth.

These should be more than enough for all my plumbing needs for now.

P.S. - I think I should start my own thread so I could ask for advice regarding the different tools and accessories I am looking to buy in the next month or so. Need advice on drill bits, router bits, saw blades etc.

• Like 3

Ended up ordering two more pieces

1) 13 96 200 - Knipex Electrical Installation Pliers VDE
2) 16 95 01SB - Knipex Ergo Strip

Really fell in love and wanted to order the Multi Strip 10, but considering I have to buy many more tools and accessories this month, I had to settle for the Ergo Strip for now. Will definitely order the Multi Strip in the future once I start dabbling with micro-processors again.

So, in total, I am out $230 for these 5 pliers. I'll post pictures when I get my hands on these beauties in second half of March. 3 of the items are in stock but I'll pick them up together when the other 2 items arrive from Germany.

I am going to start a thread, asking advice on choosing other tools and accessories, so please don't hesitate to make my pockets lighter by pitching in in that thread.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, rdst_1 said:

Really fell in love and wanted to order the Multi Strip 10, but considering I have to buy many more tools and accessories this month, I had to settle for the Ergo Strip for now. Will definitely order the Multi Strip in the future once I start dabbling with micro-processors again.

So, in total, I am out $230 for these 5 pliers. I'll post pictures when I get my hands on these beauties in second half of March. 3 of the items are in stock but I'll pick them up together when the other 2 items arrive from Germany.

I am going to start a thread, asking advice on choosing other tools and accessories, so please don't hesitate to make my pockets lighter by pitching in in that thread.

All my VDE are knipex, can't beat their quality, the Wiha just don't make the cut!

• 1 month later...

I found a set of the picture attached once in a pile of rubbish I'd swept up in a dark corner of a room I was working in. No idea who left them there but who ever it was, they weren't coming back for them so I held on to them. Ended up keeping them.

I saw the price retail (£50ish) and thought who ever the did belong to must have been kicking themselves. Eh.

However, I'm glad I'd never bought them because frankly, they aren't worth what they cost. Not sure if this is true of all knipex pliers but I've been just as happy with the cheap store brand stuff and if they ever get lost or stolen, I've not lost £50.

knipex.jpg

The installation and electrician's pliers are both extremely pricy, so I'm not likely to pick them up. They look great though (it's Knipex after all). Anyone notice Knipex has lanyard-clip versions finding their way to suppliers? Must have finally realized NWS exists. 

On 2/26/2017 at 0:47 PM, rdst_1 said:

great to hear, It's a love hate relationship with Knipex because of how aweseme they are and also how costly they can be ahha

• Like 1

4 hours ago, stductwork said:

I found a set of the picture attached once in a pile of rubbish I'd swept up in a dark corner of a room I was working in. No idea who left them there but who ever it was, they weren't coming back for them so I held on to them. Ended up keeping them.

I saw the price retail (£50ish) and thought who ever the did belong to must have been kicking themselves. Eh.

However, I'm glad I'd never bought them because frankly, they aren't worth what they cost. Not sure if this is true of all knipex pliers but I've been just as happy with the cheap store brand stuff and if they ever get lost or stolen, I've not lost £50.

knipex.jpg

I haven't used those but I've use their electricians pliers and they're NOT for electricians, they're good for electronics(which works for me) but not electricians. In looking at their other electricians stuff, I think they need to get some electricians in there to help their engineers design them. I'd go with Klein Journeyman for multitask electricians pliers.

On 1/4/2017 at 10:19 PM, JimboS1ice said:

I have a bit of proto, great tools, one of my other top choices for hand tools

I have a few Proto tools too ?

But your absolutely right right about the Knipex Mini Bolt Cutters. My peg board has 20 or so pair of blue handled pliers and one pair of red. Guess what they are?

On 3/30/2017 at 10:39 PM, Conductor562 said:

I have a few Proto tools too ?

But your absolutely right right about the Knipex Mini Bolt Cutters. My peg board has 20 or so pair of blue handled pliers and one pair of red. Guess what they are?

channel lock and knipex?

One step closer to universal batteries.

10 hours ago, Conductor562 said:

I've always said Knip-ex. I always knew that probably wasn't "up to snuff" kraut speak, but I went with it.

I'm from West "By God", so I usually get a pass on mis-speaking complex and foreign words. 

Most of the time companies will adapt their pronunciation for Americans, if you watch Wera US videos they pronounce Wera like an American would, not as Vera. I don't think most Knipex reps would correct you, they probably have some that pronounce it American style.

I'm just a weirdo, I try to correctly pronounce something based on origin. I see it a sign of disrespect(even though it really isn't). I'll also ask someone if their name is commonly spelled two different ways even when taking a message(on a paper they'll never see), it's just the way I am, I don't expect others to be weird like that.

• 4 years later...