DeWalt 20v adhesive guns

RickyMcGrath

Anyone know where I can get the additional interchangeable canister trays for the DCE560?

I'm considering purchasing the 10oz caulk gun but I really need the 29oz and the sausage packs to go with it. I know if I buy the 10oz gun, I'll need the 29oz version for a job and if I buy the 29oz, I'll need the 10oz or sausage canister. I just want to get it all in one swoop.

The only place I could find anything on the 29oz conversion kit was in the ServiceNet parts list for the 29oz gun. It looks like you would need several parts to do the conversion. The parts I believe you would need are 642408-00 (Rod Plunger), 5140187-84 (Conversion Kit, which is just the tube tray), and 639729-01 (Plunger) which looks to be a total of $184.22 without shipping.

At that price honestly if I were doing this I would buy the 29oz gun bare tool instead of the parts since it's $40 more but gives me another caulk gun. Dewalt might be able to give you a part number for the entire conversion kit or a better price than buying them separately. Their customer service number is 1-800-433-9258.

• Like 3

The only place I could find anything on the 29oz conversion kit was in the ServiceNet parts list for the 29oz gun. It looks like you would need several parts to do the conversion. The parts I believe you would need are 642408-00 (Rod Plunger), 5140187-84 (Conversion Kit, which is just the tube tray), and 639729-01 (Plunger) which looks to be a total of $184.22 without shipping.

At that price honestly if I were doing this I would buy the 29oz gun bare tool instead of the parts since it's $40 more but gives me another caulk gun. Dewalt might be able to give you a part number for the entire conversion kit or a better price than buying them separately. Their customer service number is 1-800-433-9258.

Wow! I can't imagine a conversion being more than $50-60 to make it appealing to the end user. Service parts are always more expensive.

4 minutes ago, RickyMcGrath said:

Wow! I can't imagine a conversion being more than $50-60 to make it appealing to the end user. Service parts are always more expensive.

Yeah, that's why if they make a kit that you can buy they should be able to tell you the model number and where to buy it.

Just now, RickyMcGrath said:

Thanks. And it's only $79. So a 29oz should be around $50-60

You're welcome. The Milwaukee conversions to 20oz sausage and quart tubes total $90 for both of them, so I would expect Dewalt to be a similar price range. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

UPDATE: The part numbers are the same for the 18v version but if you order them for the 18v version, the conversion kit costs $26 instead of $68. I just ordered it so we will see how it goes. Shipping is ridiculous. Almost an additional 50% but 26 instead of $68 is a win!

I'm quite curious how well it works for you, got a shit ton of caulk to run soon and I've been considering Ryobi's(I have no Ryobi tools what so ever but having used the Brad I can talk myself into it kinda easily) but prefer DeWalt.

• Like 1

@Jronman I gather that, and that does peak my interest a little but I primarily use 10oz, I'm most interested in hearing about real user experience and not some YouTube reviewer spouting off their impressions never having ran a bead of caulk in there life. I'm going to hop on Ryobi stuff for supplemental tools and would like to get opinions on whether the premium price difference is justified.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
I'm quite curious how well it works for you, got a shit ton of caulk to run soon and I've been considering Ryobi's(I have no Ryobi tools what so ever but having used the Brad I can talk myself into it kinda easily) but prefer DeWalt.

I've been running it in small amounts for the past week around my house. It definitely takes some getting used to. The anti drip feature that retracts isn't perfect. I'm running very small beads of caulk along base boards and quarter round and I have to let off the trigger about 12-18" from my stopping point as it still wants to run out. Probably because I cut a pinhole in the tip of the caulk tube. Probably an 1/8" bead. On larger beads, it's perfect.

It's a little heavy and can wear on you but for intermittent use, it's not bad.

I also used it to fill the expansion joints in my driveway with self level sealant. Exponentially better than an old squeeze gun. Again, definitely requires different technique. If you try to use it like a traditional caulk gun, you will fail miserably. I recommend getting some cheap tubes of various sealants and do some test runs to see how it handles. Thin, thick. Anything and just mess around. Run tiny beads, medium size and large.
  • Like 2

On 5/7/2017 at 11:58 PM, RickyMcGrath said:

I've been running it in small amounts for the past week around my house. It definitely takes some getting used to. The anti drip feature that retracts isn't perfect. I'm running very small beads of caulk along base boards and quarter round and I have to let off the trigger about 12-18" from my stopping point as it still wants to run out. Probably because I cut a pinhole in the tip of the caulk tube. Probably an 1/8" bead. On larger beads, it's perfect.

It's a little heavy and can wear on you but for intermittent use, it's not bad.

I also used it to fill the expansion joints in my driveway with self level sealant. Exponentially better than an old squeeze gun. Again, definitely requires different technique. If you try to use it like a traditional caulk gun, you will fail miserably. I recommend getting some cheap tubes of various sealants and do some test runs to see how it handles. Thin, thick. Anything and just mess around. Run tiny beads, medium size and large.

That sounds great!  Well my brother bought me the Ryobi brad nailer so that opened the door to a giant can of worms so my brother-in-law then had no problem grabbing the Ryobi caulk gun.... So far a win win in my book.   I've only ran about 6 tubes through it but so far so good, the let off is great, control seems good(I've not used it for trim yet) my only complaint and it's obvious because it's battery powered is the weight and size, but that is easily forgiven.  I cannot compare it to any other battery gun since this is the only one I've ever used but if I could add a little wish list it would be a belt hook, LED and to shave a couple ounces.