Favorite cordless power tool?

Milwaukee_man_stan

5 hours ago, builditguy said:

DeWalt 20v multi tool.  Awesome tool.  Limited use, but when you need that exact tool, it can't be beat.

At least until I think of another one.

Agree. I bought into the Dewalt platform last week just for the DCS355. 

That would be my second favourite, but most favourite would be my new Makita TD170. 

54 minutes ago, fm2176 said:

I also have two.  Great little drivers; I rarely turn screws by hand anymore.

Do yours turn off when you twist really quick? Or get stuck in one direction when you wanna go the other way?

One of mine does that and the other is sporadic

12 hours ago, pancing said:

Do yours turn off when you twist really quick? Or get stuck in one direction when you wanna go the other way?

I haven't noticed these issues with mine.  

On 5/5/2017 at 6:53 PM, pancing said:

I don't have that problem either.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/5/2017 at 0:10 PM, builditguy said:

DeWalt 20v multi tool.  Awesome tool.  Limited use, but when you need that exact tool, it can't be beat.

At least until I think of another one.

My 887 is still my favorite but agreed the DeWalt OMT is awesome, and just a pure joy to use.

• Like 1

I would have to say it is my DeWalt impact driver.  I use it more than anything.

No, it would have to be the cordless circular saw.  So handy.

No, the blower.  I find an excuse to use it almost everyday.

No, the SDS I just got.  It is great.  It has already replaced the big Bosch corded one.

No, the jigsaw.  Don't use it much, but when I do I'm always amazed at how smooth it is.

No, just got the cordless rotozip.  Works just as good as a corded rotozip, but no leash.

Nope,  that made me think of the cordless drywall screwgun.  I finally got to use it the other day.  Very nice.

I'd better think this over and re-post.  Now my day is shot, trying to make this decision.

Oh crap.  Has to be the new cordless framing nailer.  I haven't used it yet, but the guys have and it's gotten great reviews.  What I did notice is that it helped knock out a small framing job in about half the time.  Once you consider everything that goes with the pneumatic nailers, it truly was half the time.

It would seem I posted this kind of goofing around.  Not the case.  This is how it went through my mind.  Now I'm off to work and I'll think of a tool I forgot about.   

Ditto!! So many good ones I can't really pick one as of now!

Recently, it's the m18 string trimmer, probably because I've been using it a lot lately and love it.

Honestly though, I think I would have to narrow it down to the M18 surge impact

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/17/2017 at 6:00 AM, KnarlyCarl said:

Ditto!! So many good ones I can't really pick one as of now!

Recently, it's the m18 string trimmer, probably because I've been using it a lot lately and love it.

Honestly though, I think I would have to narrow it down to the M18 surge impact

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I like the 18v string trimmer also.  I like it better now.  We moved.  At the old house, the trimmer was great, but took a little while to trim the grass.  At the new house, the grass must be different.  The trimmer does much better.  Last night I trimmed alot more than I needed to, just because it was working so well.  I have some areas under bushes and tight to get the mower in.  It saved time using the trimmer.

If the grass gets too high, it bogs down fairly easy.  At home, it's great.  I even moved my gas weed eater to another property.

• Like 1

On 5/16/2017 at 7:47 PM, Cr8ondt said:

My 887 is still my favorite but agreed the DeWalt OMT is awesome, and just a pure joy to use.

I heard the new starlock stuff puts my DeWALT OMT to shame. The vibration is supposedly minimal.

2 hours ago, Jronman said:

I heard the new starlock stuff puts my DeWALT OMT to shame. The vibration is supposedly minimal.

Yep. Almost enough to get me to buy a Bosch but I'm sure within the next year Starlock will be like Skittles; we'll all be tasting the rainbow. Maybe a Fuel Starlock OMT next month?

6 hours ago, Bremon said:

Yep. Almost enough to get me to buy a Bosch but I'm sure within the next year Starlock will be like Skittles; we'll all be tasting the rainbow. Maybe a Fuel Starlock OMT next month?

I'd like a gen 2 Dewalt/Porter Cable release mechanism that works with closed ended starlock. 

• Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 6:43 AM, rrmccabe said:

I have a pretty complete set of Milwaukee M18 stuff from drills to flashlights to portaband and a few Bosch cordless tools as well.

Bigger has always been better with me.  But last year I bought a tool only right angle 12 volt Milwaukee drill since I had batteries and chargers for my Milwaukee jackets. I liked it so much I bought this little bad boy. When running screws in wood projects the M18 impact is just too much and the drill is too bulky. This thing is just right.

I need to look at more 12 volt stuff.

2017-02-02_6-37-15.jpg

I have M18 Surge and the Feul Hammer drill, but I use this screw gun 90% of the time. It is just the right size and power for most applications. Interestingly enough I also got it because I had the Jacket first.   

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I would go with my bosch 18 volt led light,i know it doesn't sound cool like a impact driver but I have used that light for finding things,working under the truck,camping,fishing at night reading when the power goes out etc.love that thing lol

• Like 1

On 08/07/2017 at 5:35 PM, smitty9118 said:

I would go with my bosch 18 volt led light,i know it doesn't sound cool like a impact driver but I have used that light for finding things,working under the truck,camping,fishing at night reading when the power goes out etc.love that thing lol

I use a Milwaukee M12 lantern, awesome kit complete with USB port! 

Kinda stupid, since I don't use it all that often, but I like the Milwaukee M12 spotlight a lot. I use it more recreationally, but I think it works pretty good. It's kind of handy to have around, not really something I needed by any means, but something I wanted lol.

FB82