Tool Trailer

Jronman

Not sure what section this would fall into so I put it here since it is pulled by a vehicle. Anyone ever seen these? http://www.tool-rank.com/tool-blog/cool-tools/the-ultimate-job-site-trailer-20081229331/

I seen one in person a while back and they are pretty cool but for whatever reason the company stopped making them. Far as I know they had good sales. It has a spot for table saw and miter saw plus can fit 4x8 sheets via the door on the front. There also isn't much wasted space because you don't need an aisle to walk in to access tools. All of them can be accessed from the outside. Fairy easy setup once you reach the job site. Just unhook the trailer and plug it into power then your ready to work.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BMack37 said:

New to me, interesting...pretty good idea IMO. The scary thing is that I hear about a lot of trailer thefts, this one screams "Target"

It is lockable but I don't know how secure it is. I'm guessing the quality wasn't the greatest. A guy I knew had a car trailer from the same company and indicated from what he had to do to the car trailer that the quality wasn't up there. I wouldn't mind seeing somethign like this from another company. Maybe better quality at the very least.

Unless the company producing this had a larger number of products in their repertoire, it would not be surprising if they vanished at some point. The market for this would be limited at best and saturation level would be hit in a very short amount of time. Great idea for a limited few that could afford one, but they might have been better off selling plans, or how to videos on the side.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, JMG said:

Unless the company producing this had a larger number of products in their repertoire, it would not be surprising if they vanished at some point. The market for this would be limited at best and saturation level would be hit in a very short amount of time. Great idea for a limited few that could afford one, but they might have been better off selling plans, or how to videos on the side.

From what I heard at the time of their ending production of these trailers they were going strong. I thought I heard the owner wanted out and didn't want to pass it on or sell it to somebody else.

From what I heard at the time of their ending production of these trailers they were going strong. I thought I heard the owner wanted out and didn't want to pass it on or sell it to somebody else.

Probably could have made a good buck selling out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think they where made by a company called ToolMaster trailers. When I was looking for a new trailer this pass summer I could not find any info on them. I wound up buying and Anvil Box Trailer back in August and it is setting in my driveway waiting to be finished out on the in side.IMG_0103.JPG

• Like 1

Nice trailer @regopit. What you planning on doing on the inside? You gonna do any mods to it?

I think someone could easily buy a flat bed trailer then outfit it like the tool trailer. Another thing to mention is the tool trailer sides open up which provide shade to tools and therefore when its a hot summer day your tools will keep cool enough to touch. 

IMHO you're better off outfitting a walk-in trailer with similar features yourself. Don't know the price on the custom trailer but unless that company is selling it for less than they make it...they most likely cut corners in order to save on pricing... creating a less-than-perfect trailer that could be better. 

• Like 1