ITC moves to block Bosch Reaxx saw

comp56

Did anyone here get a Reaxx saw? That is going to suck. Big time. Leave it to a lawyer to get his grimy money sucking digits into the trades / woodworker lobby. Being a very happy owner of a Sawstop CNS175TGP36, I can honestly say that my saw is a masterpiece but this is crap. Every company should have rights to protect their customers.

• Like 2

I know everyone is quick to judge Sawstop for legally stopping the reaxx but what if Bosch did actually infringe on their patent enough to be illegal? There must have been some compelling evidence shown for Sawstop to win in court. I'm pretty sure if it was the other way around Bosch would have taken them to court also. This is how business and patent infringements work. I can only imagine how many individual patents are owned by Sawstop with all the technology in their safety mechanism. I wish there was a safety feature similar on Dewalt saws because I like their rack and pinion better than any other system.

I guess if I had something patented and would want it protected. I also don't know the details of the patents so I am assuming people much smarter than myself (which is generally most people) will determine if it is truly an infringement. It's unfortunate that something designed to make woodworking safer for all of us has to turn into a "pissing match" amongst the lawyers.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Technically SawStop is breaking the law themselves right? Isn't there a law that states monopolies are illegal?

They may be allowed to be the only ones making it for a period of time before someone else is allowed to put their version on the market

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
On ‎2‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 5:21 PM, ChrisK said:

Did anyone here get a Reaxx saw? That is going to suck. Big time. Leave it to a lawyer to get his grimy money sucking digits into the trades / woodworker lobby. Being a very happy owner of a Sawstop CNS175TGP36, I can honestly say that my saw is a masterpiece but this is crap. Every company should have rights to protect their customers.

I won the Reaxx on the Instagram giveaway.  Bosch sent me 2 extra cartridges (4 charges) in addition to the cartridge that came with the saw.  It is a really nice saw, night and day between my Porter Cable jobsite and the Bosch very smooth and quite (I attribute that to the belt drive),  fence system is smooth and accurate, and the gravity rise stand is great.