Favorite box knife

CATERPILLAR

going to be honest here, if i'm going to carry a knife around all day it better be a good one. I'm safe I'm smart and I know how to use a knife so it doesn't have to have 50 safety features I just want it to cut when I need it too. Milwaukee fastback A+

• Like 2

going to be honest here, if i'm going to carry a knife around all day it better be a good one. I'm safe I'm smart and I know how to use a knife so it doesn't have to have 50 safety features I just want it to cut when I need it too. Milwaukee fastback A+

I'm accident prone and need safety features lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, comp56 said:

Lol and espically has to be Milwaukee too ??

I'm not actually suppose to have anything sharp for another 6 months.....(stupid court orders pff) all because my therapist thinks my Milwaukee fastback is dangerous......then again it might be because I called him a %$^#in nutjob and I would shove that Dangerous Milwaukee fastback up his ass if I ever seen him on the street.......

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, CATERPILLAR said:

I like the Stanley's I think I have a couple but they are pretty good knifes 

I like mine. The quick access blade storage and quick blade change are nice. Not a big fan of the ones that require unscrewing a screw to access or change blades.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, CATERPILLAR said:

Well I don't crank down on mine so I can u a finger nail or a penny to undo them too

My first utility knife was a cheap one with a screw from Menards and after I opened it up the first time it never really worked the same. Always seemed to not work very good. I eventually had it and got a quick change one.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
They all used to have screws.
Always use a nail to open them up.
Went with Irwin a long time ago.

Not a box knife, but the Milwaukee folding, easy open, knife, is the best pocket knife I've ever had.
These days I use it more than a box knife

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I still have many many utility knives rusted over from lack of use with the screw, that's all you could really get

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/6/2017 at 7:38 AM, ChrisK said:

I've actually got a Festool one that requires you hold the blade out by the push trigger. I hate that friggin thing! One of my favorites is my Milwaukee switchback folder. Not a Big Red fan but that thing is awesome!

did I read this correctly? You said you don't like a FESTOOL product?

• Like 1

On 3/6/2017 at 11:41 PM, BMack37 said:

I had a stanley that was nice as hell but it didn't retract, you had to take out the blade...and it only came out with a screw. I think I still have it in one of my "extras" tool boxes, it wasn't even that old, early 2000s.

My first utility knife I owned was the screw type except with retract function lasted less than a couple months before becoming unusable.

Just now, Jronman said:

My first utility knife I owned was the screw type except with retract function lasted less than a couple months before becoming unusable.

ha i probably have a dozen of those that don't slide, used to get them for nothing