Oscillating tools

Jay-J

I have applied what we Indians call 'Jugaad'.
I had recently ordered the Ferm oscillating tool to do sanding of installed window frames in my under construction house.

The very first day, the velcro on the pad became non- functional. I could have ordered Chinese replacements available for around $11 for 2 sanding pads. However, considering I had to sand 50 window frames, I would be changing these pads every day for 2 weeks. That would have ended up costing more than the tool itself.

So I took off the velcro portion off the sanding pad and decided to use double sided tape and normal sandpaper instead. That setup also ran into trouble that the foam on the sanding pad started coming off whenever I had to take off the tape.

So the current setup, with which I have sanded over 50 window frames, is that I applied a used sandpaper permanently over the foam and then I attach the sandpaper I need to use on top of it with double sided tape.

Works like a charm for me.

Just now, JimboS1ice said:

If I recall someone bought the off brand ones on eBay and had great success with them, @Hugh Jass maybe? I could be wrong

You got it Jimbo, Integra is the brand, and they have be most affordable blades I've found on the market, and they work just as good if not better as the other guys of all brands. I got sick of paying ridiculous money and switched to these, and have since paid for my variable tool now twice over by not paying retail prices in just one year. 

The larger sets tend to be the better deals, often just over a $1 a piece. 

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=ocelating+tool+blades+integra&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xoscilating+tool+blades+integra.TRS0&_nkw=oscilating+tool+blades+integra&_sacat=0

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

You got it Jimbo, Integra is the brand, and they have be most affordable blades I've found on the market, and they work just as good if not better as the other guys of all brands. I got sick of paying ridiculous money and switched to these, and have since paid for my variable tool now twice over by not paying retail prices in just one year. 

The larger sets tend to be the better deals, often just over a $1 a piece. 

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=ocelating+tool+blades+integra&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xoscilating+tool+blades+integra.TRS0&_nkw=oscilating+tool+blades+integra&_sacat=0

Good! my memory isn't as bad as the wife claims it is LOL

• Like 1

I have a Festool Vecturo and have been buying CMT blades lately from woodline.com.  I do not buy wood blades anymore as once you hit metal they are trashed. The wood / metal blades cut wood just as well as wood blades and t=you don't have to worry about hitting nails or staples.

For some reason on woodlines website there are only a few multitool blades listed, but if you go to CMTs website and find the blade you want and click buy now it takes you to woodlines site with the appropriate blade. The 5 packs are pretty cheap.

I just found this out the other day.... The CMT blades do not reach the magnet on the plunge guide on the festool, they are about an 1/8 shy on the off set. So I'll still have to keep some festool blades on hand for when using the plunge guide. 

http://www.cmtutensili.com/show_items.asp?pars=OM~~2

21 hours ago, Jay-J said:

I have a Bosch oscillating tool and I love it but I can't stand how expensive the blades, scrapers, sanders, etc are!!!  What brand blades/accessories do you use that are good and don't break the bank?.  

Thanks.

maybe try integra blades

• 4 months later...

Myself and the 4 other guys That work for me have all been using these blades for about a year now.

At barely more than a buck a blade with free shipping they have definitely help keep the profit in my pocket instead of the toolmakers. I highly recommend you check them out. https://www.banggood.com/12pcs-Saw-Blades-Oscillating-Multitool-for-Fein-Bosch-Dewalt-Porter-Dremel-Ridgid-p-1038409.html?rmmds=myorder?p=27292248391112016050

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/7/2017 at 5:01 PM, JimboS1ice said:

Good! my memory isn't as bad as the wife claims it is LOL

If you're like me it's not your memory, it's your selective listening. LOL

• Like 1