dlx2040spe

darrendriver

Hi  looking for some advice ?  ive just brought a  dlx2040spe    , I think the drill  in the pair is a dhp481z  ,  any way  at slow speed the drill makes a  crunching noise  until you pull the trigger in a bit  then it stops , I spoke to the guy I got it off and he said it has hammer in every mode?   if that's the case why would they put a hammer mode on the drill if its on all the time??      if I put the trigger in  half way it runs smooth but if I wanted to slow right down  (say putting a screw in ) at low speed it makes a hell of a noise  , any help would be great thanks

10 hours ago, darrendriver said:

Hi  looking for some advice ?  ive just brought a  dlx2040spe    , I think the drill  in the pair is a dhp481z  ,  any way  at slow speed the drill makes a  crunching noise  until you pull the trigger in a bit  then it stops , I spoke to the guy I got it off and he said it has hammer in every mode?   if that's the case why would they put a hammer mode on the drill if its on all the time??      if I put the trigger in  half way it runs smooth but if I wanted to slow right down  (say putting a screw in ) at low speed it makes a hell of a noise  , any help would be great thanks

Can you post a picture of the drill?

If you can't, was the drill dirty, dinged up and such?

Depending on how loud the sound is, it could be dirt and grime stuck in your chuck or jaws or the hammer setting is permanently engaged (You can also check if hammer is engaged by turning the drill on and pushing the chuck in while it turns, also if the chuck depresses about 2-5mm then hammer is engaged.).

If it turns out that hammer is permanently engaged, just take a rubber mallet and hit the tip of the drill when the jaws are still inside the chuck until it stops making the noise.

If that isnt the case, then you should send it in for service or track the guy down because he sold you a broken tool

• Like 1

On 2017-02-10 at 8:26 PM, darrendriver said:

It`s gear assy fault. This is wear and tear sign. It can`t be hammering all the time, just press drill chuck to wall or table or something else and try to turn drill on and you will see difference it`s hammering or not. For that noise it can be two problems one is gear assy and second is when drill stops it stop slow not  right after that when you release button. If drill stops slow wen you release button then you need new switch because electronic brake is not working.