Ryobi glue gun...

Kato

Well now, that's a weird one to figure out. Where would a glue gun go if it were powered by a power tool battery? I'm guessing hand tool, because it's not really a power tool. Anyhoo...

Anybody wanting a glue gun and doesn't mind having Ryobi batteries, buy this glue gun!! It's fantastic, if not for any other reason but the fact that you don't need a cord. Long story short, it heats up quick, it dispenses glue beautifully, and it's great in the hand. Takes less than 2 minutes to warm up enough to dispense glue, and when it's "hot" glue flows almost too good. The trigger is good and has a lot of throw to it, so you can draw a fairly long bead of glue before having to pull the trigger again. It's also pretty sensitive, to an extent, you can squeeze out small amounts for when you only want tiny drops. I wouldn't say it's perfectly accurate but you can vary the amount of glue that comes out pretty good. Grip feels great, nice rubber overmold and a good size in the hand.

Using the compact battery it'll get too hot to touch on the plastic from the end of the casing to around 2-3 inches down the gun, placing your hand around it isn't bad but you can't keep your hand there for long. I don't know what their larger batteries will do...If a higher capacity battery means more heat or if there's some kind of thermal cutoff internally. I'd imagine there's a limit to the heat, so the whole thing doesn't just melt. Externally it does get too hot, but you won't be putting your hand there anyway. Cool-down time is fairly quick, takes less than 10 minutes to be cool enough to wrap your hand around the gun with no problems. A little bit after that and it's cool to the touch.

Doesn't drip. After playing with it the night I bought it, and using it for a project today, it only dripped once, and that was because I had my hand pulling the trigger a little bit when I set it down. Otherwise, no dripping. Dispense some glue, then wipe the tip as you're done, and nothing else will drip out of the nozzle. The nozzle is removable, so it'll be easy to clean if need be, and from what I've read Surebonder tips will fit it. Surebonder makes a glue gun that takes Ryobi batteries, not sure if they're in cahoots or if it's just something they decided to do. Actually, now that I'm looking at Surebonder's site, they have 4 different guns that take Ryobi batteries...I think the Surebonder guns are more expensive than the Ryobi though. They do sell a kit though that comes with a battery and charger.

So yup, it's a great gun, it runs great, it feels great, it's green so it matches the rest of my stuff, and it's cheap. If you have Ryobi batteries already and want a good glue gun this is a no-brainer for sure. If you don't have Ryobi batteries and want a good glue gun, it won't kill your wallet to buy a charger and battery and the gun. Ryobi stuff is cheaply priced so it's not a killer to buy a few of their products, considering that they're good products. You can always paint it red or yellow or whatever color you need so it won't clash with your existing tools...

awesome thanks for this, i was actually considering the ones they make for milwaukee batteries, thanks to someone pointing that out in another thread, but I do have ryobi batteries and I know how much easier it is to just get the ryobi glue gun.

accessories-elim-a-dent-cordless-glue-gu

or course they also make one for dewalt:

and makita:

But those are $175 here:

https://elimadenttools.com/products/elim-a-dent-cordless-glue-gun-powered-by-milwaukee?lssrc=related&lshst=product

and the Ryobi  are only $30! It sounds like a crazy good value to just get the glue gun, which I'm sure i'll order very soon!

If you already have at least one Ryobi battery, and want a good glue gun, there's no denying that the Ryobi is the way to go. Especially considering the pricing on other brands. Would be awesome if it was dual-temp but I'm not complaining in the least about this gun.

• Like 2

Watching some vids on the glue gun, apparently the reason why it doesn't drip is because the tip has a check valve. Which, in retrospect, I know it does because I took the tip off the other day and saw a ball bearing inside.

I just checked and my HD has 4 in stock...they will have 3 in stock after Monday!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

If your Home Depot is anything like mine when I went for my bandsaw, that they had 4 of in stock, they will all be in the overstock area mocking you as you helplessly look for an employee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

If your Home Depot is anything like mine when I went for my bandsaw, that they had 4 of in stock, they will all be in the overstock area mocking you as you helplessly look for an employee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That sucks man. My Home Depot is weird, they have things in the store that never show up on the website. I don't mind though, it gives me a reason to go explore!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk