Dewalt ToughSystem Workshop Racking System Questions

jtkendall

I'm looking at the DWST08260 workshop racking system and had a few questions that hopefully someone can answer for me.

1. Are the brackets adjustable? I notice the top two sets are closer together than the others.
  2. Can you buy additional brackets? I found the ones for the DS Carrier, but didn't see any for the racking system
  3. If they are not adjustable, would it fit four of the DWST08205 Totes? It looks like it from the photo, but I'd hate to find that it only fits 2 of them after buying all of the totes.

I'm thinking of using these for small wood offcuts since they shouldn't get anywhere near the 440lb max capacity.

• Like 1

If you are just looking for lumber storage why not go with the Portamate lumber rack? It seems like they make them for other people to put their name on or there is a lot of copies out there. 

The portamate rack usually sells for 70.00 but they are usually on sale for 39.99

Here is an off brand one https://www.amazon.com/KASTFORCE-KF1002-Storage-5-Level-Material/dp/B01FFDUM7C/ref=pd_lpo_469_tr_t_3?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=KXGXS5G1XD421SXGGRAR

I bought a second set from Grizzly around the holidays and it was 25.99, only it was green and black

• Like 1

If you are just looking for lumber storage why not go with the Portamate lumber rack? It seems like they make them for other people to put their name on or there is a lot of copies out there. 

The portamate rack usually sells for 70.00 but they are usually on sale for 39.99

Here is an off brand one https://www.amazon.com/KASTFORCE-KF1002-Storage-5-Level-Material/dp/B01FFDUM7C/ref=pd_lpo_469_tr_t_3?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=KXGXS5G1XD421SXGGRAR

I bought a second set from Grizzly around the holidays and it was 25.99, only it was green and black

That would work for larger dimensional lumber, I was thinking more for things that are small and might be sitting around for a while. It's one idea I'm thinking about.

Right now I'm just using Hefty storage totes and if I keep using them I need to get bigger ones and either buy or build a shelving system for them. I may just do that and put totes with cut offs on lower shelves and tool cases on higher ones. Two things figured out with one shelving unit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk