My suggestion on ratchet lube guaranteed to beat any other and make just about any ratchet whisper quite! Just a heads up

DerekTheToolGuy

Hey fellas I know all of you probably lube your ratchets I know I do and I have tried everything from wd-40, motor oil, super lube etc and have finally found the absolute best of the best. It is Lucas Oil synthetic assembly lube which comes in a decent size bottle and it is green in color kinda like 2 cycle oil lol. I have many many ratchets of all professional tool brands and have put it in all to see how quite they can be and I can say it even made a 36 tooth snap on whisper quite and a tiff 1 SK where you couldn't even here it at all same with the snap on dual 80.

I was so surprised the difference I know snap on uses super lube and have some and have used it but it has nothing on this stuff and it's very clingy and on the bottle says great for long term storage it's kinda the consistency of I'd say molasses or honey and doesn't make any ratchet stick. I just wanted to give you all a heads up on this as we all use ratchets and it's a must to lube them and quite and smooth is great specially with low tooth count or high tooth coun. Give the stuff a try you will be amazed you can find it at AutoZone or advanced auto parts I believe I get my products free from family oh and one more thing it's 100% USA made and family owned. Good luck guys happy wrenching.:)

• Like 4

I wouldn't think it would hurt to lube a proto ratchet as I have lube my snap on, matco, sk, beta, mac, and others and it has helped all even the loudest low tooth count. The red assembly lube that's thin isn't The same as the Lucas oil the consistency is like molasses or something very much like the heavy duty oil stabilizer that they sale. It's very sticky but yet very slick works great and has jammed up or made a ratchet skip at all. I use a lot of Lucas oil products as I get it free because my wife's grandpa and step grandma are the owners of Lucas Oil.I'm not in any way advertising thier products. Just giving a suggestion on a good ratchet lube and it's 100% USA made and technically my family owned company. Can't say any of the other products are anything spectacular really as oil is oil to me and I never used any of it till I met my wife.

They make a lot of fix its in a bottle and I don't believe in that stuff at all but I have worked where they mix and bottle most of the stuff and I know what goes into it at least kinda as most is pretty much top secret formulas per say and even had to sign a paper saying I won't release any information on the products lol even had to sign a prenuptial agreement when I got married as it's a family policy basically. I come from a pretty much poor family not quite use to this life style or well being around wealthy people or specially visiting someone is a mansion. I can say the rest of my wife's family are about average living just her grandparents are living the high life. Enough about me and my personal life I'm sure you guys don't want to here it lol. I'd rather chat about tools anyway as I love to buy and collect tools pretty much my only hobby and peace as I have 6 kids so my garage is my happy place. Love ratchets the most ill have to take some tool box pics it's just so cluttered as I need a bigger box big time I have way to much in it .

• Like 3

On 2/18/2017 at 4:49 PM, DerekTheToolGuy said:

I wouldn't think it would hurt to lube a proto ratchet as I have lube my snap on, matco, sk, beta, mac, and others and it has helped all even the loudest low tooth count. The red assembly lube that's thin isn't The same as the Lucas oil the consistency is like molasses or something very much like the heavy duty oil stabilizer that they sale. It's very sticky but yet very slick works great and has jammed up or made a ratchet skip at all. I use a lot of Lucas oil products as I get it free because my wife's grandpa and step grandma are the owners of Lucas Oil.I'm not in any way advertising thier products. Just giving a suggestion on a good ratchet lube and it's 100% USA made and technically my family owned company. Can't say any of the other products are anything spectacular really as oil is oil to me and I never used any of it till I met my wife.

They make a lot of fix its in a bottle and I don't believe in that stuff at all but I have worked where they mix and bottle most of the stuff and I know what goes into it at least kinda as most is pretty much top secret formulas per say and even had to sign a paper saying I won't release any information on the products lol even had to sign a prenuptial agreement when I got married as it's a family policy basically. I come from a pretty much poor family not quite use to this life style or well being around wealthy people or specially visiting someone is a mansion. I can say the rest of my wife's family are about average living just her grandparents are living the high life. Enough about me and my personal life I'm sure you guys don't want to here it lol. I'd rather chat about tools anyway as I love to buy and collect tools pretty much my only hobby and peace as I have 6 kids so my garage is my happy place. Love ratchets the most ill have to take some tool box pics it's just so cluttered as I need a bigger box big time I have way to much in it .

I like Amsoil better :D :D  :D:D

On 2/19/2017 at 7:28 PM, KnarlyCarl said:

I like Amsoil better :D :D  :D:D

Just because my wife's grandpa owns Lucas oil don't mean I like Lucas oil really I like royal purple but if you got anything you want for free by the cases you'd use nothing but Lucas oil as well lol and they have everything even car detailing products. I've never used amsoil but I'd say they don't sell half the products or have a global market as wide as Lucas even the racing sponsorships even they sponsor everything and are official oil of Nhra. My wife's uncle races top fuel for the Lucas oil/ geico team and her 1st cousin races off road trucks. I get a lot of free race tickets but never get to go even tractor pull tickets also foot ball tickets as the Indianapolis Colts stadium is named Lucas Oil Stadium I did go to a game on thanksgiving we went with her grandpa, we got to go on the field during the 3rd quarter right by the cheerleaders lol. We don't get to do much as we have 6 kids 5 together and it's hard to travel.

Some ratchets you can't use grease in as it makes the pale stick or could cause slippage depends on style ratchet. I think round heads and fine tooth require lighter lube but snap on uses super lube which is synthetic grease but it's not real thick. I use to use white lithium grease and had issues.

20 hours ago, DerekTheToolGuy said:

Just because my wife's grandpa owns Lucas oil don't mean I like Lucas oil really I like royal purple but if you got anything you want for free by the cases you'd use nothing but Lucas oil as well lol and they have everything even car detailing products. I've never used amsoil but I'd say they don't sell half the products or have a global market as wide as Lucas even the racing sponsorships even they sponsor everything and are official oil of Nhra. My wife's uncle races top fuel for the Lucas oil/ geico team and her 1st cousin races off road trucks. I get a lot of free race tickets but never get to go even tractor pull tickets also foot ball tickets as the Indianapolis Colts stadium is named Lucas Oil Stadium I did go to a game on thanksgiving we went with her grandpa, we got to go on the field during the 3rd quarter right by the cheerleaders lol. We don't get to do much as we have 6 kids 5 together and it's hard to travel.

Some ratchets you can't use grease in as it makes the pale stick or could cause slippage depends on style ratchet. I think round heads and fine tooth require lighter lube but snap on uses super lube which is synthetic grease but it's not real thick. I use to use white lithium grease and had issues.

I made that comment in complete jest hehehe.... I'm happy with only having to handle engine oil when I change the oil in my vehicles and lawn mower, anything else is a research project lol