More new One+ toys from Ryobi

khariV

I found a couple of new One+ tools from Ryobi that are mentioned on their site and on HD.com.  I love that the sander has an included vacuum attachment, though without holes in the paper, I wonder how much dust it can really collect.

ONE+ 18V Quarter Sheet Sander

large_c01efbb3-742b-4162-adea-d4a256144b

https://www.ryobitools.com/power-tools/products/details/one-18v-quarter-sheet-sander

ONE+ 18V High Volume Power Inflator

large_f70fdec5-4829-4755-a774-1289d7a94a

https://www.ryobitools.com/power-tools/products/details/one-18v-high-volume-power-inflator

RYOBI ONE+ HYBRID LED CABLE LIGHTS

large_1178737c-167e-44de-ae04-cb9cf361c8

https://www.ryobitools.com/power-tools/products/details/ryobi-one-hybrid-led-cable-lights

There's also an entry for a new SDS-Plus rotary hammer that appears almost the same as the existing one in specs, but the new one has a side handle and looks just a bit more substantial.

18V ONE+™ SDS-plus® Rotary Hammer

99aa2106-c451-42e1-b4e1-d520c440a84c_100

https://www.ryobitools.com/power-tools/products/details/18v-one-plus-sds-plus-rotary-hammer

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Ryobi-ONE-18-Volt-1-2-in-SDS-Plus-Cordless-Rotary-Hammer-Drill-Tool-Only-P221/202347155

• Like 2

9 hours ago, khariV said:

I love that the sander has an included vacuum attachment, though without holes in the paper, I wonder how much dust it can really collect.

The sander comes with the hole-punching tool, so you can punch the holes in the paper.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JMG said:

Just got an email about the release of a fluid transfer pump and drain snake. Fluid pump is a hybrid cordless/corded unit.

Cool, was the existing one only battery? Also is this an update to their 18v drain snake or a new design?

2 minutes ago, KnarlyCarl said:

Cool, was the existing one only battery? Also is this an update to their 18v drain snake or a new design?

https://www.ryobitools.com/offerings/current?p-6&utm_source=Ryobi&utm_campaign=9776217891-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2017_02_17&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_03a9d65f40-9776217891-294370293

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JMG said:

Ok yep, that pump was floating around here and there.

In other news regarding ryobi:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, KnarlyCarl said:

As far as I can tell, the auger is the same one that came out last year that I've got sitting in a bucket in my garage. The pump was always dual power. I think the marketing email was just that - marketing to say "hey, we're making cool stuff for plumbers"

13 minutes ago, khariV said:

As far as I can tell, the auger is the same one that came out last year that I've got sitting in a bucket in my garage. The pump was always dual power. I think the marketing email was just that - marketing to say "hey, we're making cool stuff for plumbers"

Yep, thought so

You ever see a tool and instantly the voices in your head were coming up with convincing stories to tell the wife as to why you "need" that tool? Happened when I saw the sander, and now it's kinda happening with those lights too. Those things look very handy.

And crap, now that I went to the site and looked at the inflator..."it can also be used as a portable benchtop blower to keep your work surfaces clean"...makes me want the inflator too. Damn you Ryobi!!! Ryobi just needs to stop screwing around and start sending me tools.

• Like 1

You ever see a tool and instantly the voices in your head were coming up with convincing stories to tell the wife as to why you "need" that tool? Happened when I saw the sander, and now it's kinda happening with those lights too. Those things look very handy.

And crap, now that I went to the site and looked at the inflator..."it can also be used as a portable benchtop blower to keep your work surfaces clean"...makes me want the inflator too. Damn you Ryobi!!! Ryobi just needs to stop screwing around and start sending me tools.

I like that mini blower! I remember wanting something like that, I just need more ryobi batteries lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, mig said:

I have been wanting a Sheet sander, and the price isn't too bad($40). But I know when I buy it, Ridgid will release one that is probably a little slimmer with better dust collection or at least a standard port size.

It looks like the sander comes with an adapter for a round dust collection hose.  No idea the diameter, but there are plenty of converters from rockler, etc. that can connect with just about everything.

large_017f9fdd-367f-4dbc-8bb7-6fcb57b6a2

4 hours ago, mig said:

I have been wanting a Sheet sander, and the price isn't too bad($40). But I know when I buy it, Ridgid will release one that is probably a little slimmer with better dust collection or at least a standard port size.

Screen Shot 2017-02-27 at 5.53.45 AM.png

I see a use of the inflator as a good way to blow debris away from working surface/location.

It looks like the sander comes with an adapter for a round dust collection hose.  No idea the diameter, but there are plenty of converters from rockler, etc. that can connect with just about everything.

large_017f9fdd-367f-4dbc-8bb7-6fcb57b6a237.jpg

I wish someone would standardize D.C. Fittings it drives me crazy swapping sanders and hose fittings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1