More new One+ toys from Ryobi

khariV

1 hour ago, Jronman said:

why would a home owner need an sds?

Minor DIY, tap cons in a basement, but on another note I know quite a few guys that use Ryobi, especially guys that have had their trucks broken into, no one wants lime green tools! ha ha

Also for chiseling too, if they have that function on the tool

• 1 month later...
18 hours ago, FrosBros82 said:

To drill holes into concrete? In all seriousness, that seems like a tool you would only use sparingly as a home owner.

Drilling holes into brick and concrete walls to hang stuff is something that happens more often than you'd think for those that live in masonry houses.  Not so much in the south and MW where everything is made of wood, but the NE has a lot of houses that fit this bill.

• Like 1

On 4/9/2017 at 0:37 AM, mig said:

Just picked up a sheet sander today. I don't understand why this is not included with the sander, I would rather have this part than the bag.

They've updated the product page to say that the adapter isn't included now :(

On a separate note - how'd you get your hands on one?  HD.com doesn't even list the P440 and Ryobi still says "coming soon."

On 4/12/2017 at 10:15 AM, khariV said:

They've updated the product page to say that the adapter isn't included now :(

On a separate note - how'd you get your hands on one?  HD.com doesn't even list the P440 and Ryobi still says "coming soon."

I was in The DC area and stopped at a random Home Depot on the way home. It was the only one on the shelf. It works well. I would recommend it if you are invested in the platform.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/15/2017 at 10:42 PM, mig said:

I was in The DC area and stopped at a random Home Depot on the way home. It was the only one on the shelf. It works well. I would recommend it if you are invested in the platform.

Went to a few HD's in to Detroit burbs and the sheet sanders where in stock, one had the router (should have snagged that).

4 hours ago, Cr8ondt said:

Went to a few HD's in to Detroit burbs and the sheet sanders where in stock, one had the router (should have snagged that).

Just a heads up, that router does not have speed control. This was a deal breaker for me. It also does not come with an edge guide like the ridgid.

13 minutes ago, mig said:

Just a heads up, that router does not have speed control. This was a deal breaker for me. It also does not come with an edge guide like the ridgid.

Has anyone done the math on how large diameter bit you can use?  I assume that you can't use a big rail and stile set, but you wouldn't do that with a trim router anyway.  What sort of use would you use a trim router for that would require a larger bit or a slower speed? 

2 hours ago, khariV said:

Has anyone done the math on how large diameter bit you can use?  I assume that you can't use a big rail and stile set, but you wouldn't do that with a trim router anyway.  What sort of use would you use a trim router for that would require a larger bit or a slower speed? 

I use 1/4 spiral bits, and the faster you spin them the less time they last. Lower speeds also give you a lot more control the over the router.

Full-Size Brushless 7/4" Circular Saw spotted at Bunnings (Australia) today! Have a look at this! $279 (AUD) skin only is rather steep for Ryobi I reckon, the DHS680 is $296 skin only and the FlexVolt is $349. $199 for 2x5.0ah batteries and $100 for a charger you're getting close to $600 for a ryobi tool, I've seen the FlexVolt on special at that price here! 

IMG_0964.JPG

• Like 3

9 hours ago, marsh942 said:

Full-Size Brushless 7/4" Circular Saw spotted at Bunnings (Australia) today! Have a look at this! $279 (AUD) skin only is rather steep for Ryobi I reckon, the DHS680 is $296 skin only and the FlexVolt is $349. $199 for 2x5.0ah batteries and $100 for a charger you're getting close to $600 for a ryobi tool, I've seen the FlexVolt on special at that price here! 

IMG_0964.JPG

I can't wait for this to come to America, when I does I am selling my 6 1/2" one right away.

• Like 2

For Some reason whenever companies bring there circular saws to the US they always take away dust collection port. I would be willing to pay the  (I assume) $150-200 dollars this will cost when or if it comes over if they keep the dust collection port.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Framer joe said:

Is Ryobi better then cobalt ?

Do you mean Kobalt? If so it depends on what you mean by better. If you are talking about the 24v Kobalt line then there are pros and cons to either. The Kobolt wins mostly in power. Where it loses is in price, variety of tools and the fact that Ryobi is an established brand whereas Kobolt (the 24v line) is relatively new. From what I've seen, people tend to compare Kobalt to Ridgid (where Kobolt often loses).

Do you mean Kobalt? If so it depends on what you mean by better. If you are talking about the 24v Kobalt line then there are pros and cons to either. The Kobolt wins mostly in power. Where it loses is in price, variety of tools and the fact that Ryobi is an established brand whereas Kobolt (the 24v line) is relatively new. From what I've seen, people tend to compare Kobalt to Ridgid (where Kobolt often loses).

Kobalt changes battery stakes every few years at one point you could buy a 18v a 20v and a 24v all in one shopping trip, I think the 18s finally disappeared but the 20s still linger

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk