Makita Handle Set for Ls1211 Miter Saw. part #182597-2

JermFace

Hi folks, total novice here, as evidenced by the fact that I broke my buddy's very good and basically unreplaceable old chop saw.  It fell and the handle/switch assembly got mashed.  Most of it looks like it can be easily reassembled, but the handle assembly got smashed.

I've been looking high and low for a replacement handle assembly and have not found one on ebay or on any of the many American online stores I've browsed.  I did find the part listed as available from an Australian online retailer, for NINETY BUCKS.

Anyone have any advice, or happen to have a spare handle set they'd sell, or know of a seller/reseller who'd likely have the thing in stock?

Is that price $90 Australian or $90 US. Exchange rate might make a difference. If the part has been discontinued, you are pretty much SOL, and the only option is pay the price or find someone who could 3d print a part, and still pay the price...

Wish I could be more encouraging, but I commend you for wanting to do the right thing and fix the issue. The only other possible option I can think of is to find a unit for sale for parts, or bite the bullet and pay for a replacement miter saw.

23 minutes ago, JermFace said:

Hey, thanks, y'all.  Good questions/suggestions.  And yep, that was one of the first sites I found, ChrisK.  Called 'em, too.  They referred me to Makita, and yatta yatta, you know the rest.

The struggle continues.

Sorry bro! I even went on eBay and kaputz! Gotsta go the extra for a New Englander ;)

6 minutes ago, SetBuilder said:

What is the part you need, where is the handle cracked?

The part he needs is the handle section in the center of the bottom picture. Single assembly that attaches to the front and top of the main housing.

These are pics of my personal unit.

57 minutes ago, SetBuilder said:

Post pics of the actual saw and part you need. There is an old makita bone yard at work, I'll take a look on Monday.

This could be a good avenue to investigate. All tool repair shops have a boneyard, google it and start calling around. I am sure they would ship if needed. Good luck...

Argh, grumble, mutter, etc...yes, that is a fine saw, JMG.

So, I've got a link to an exploded view schematic here (altogether the assembly comprises nos. 56-70; I'm looking for 58 & 65, though they seem to be a set, sold together when they're available):

http://www.ereplacementparts.com/makita-ls1211-miter-saw-parts-c-97_98_99_325.html

And BillyJoeBob/SetBuilder, I will get a photo of the parts and saw themselves up on Monday, thanks a heck of a lot, man!

9 hours ago, Andrius said:

Well they've got it listed for less than I've seen so far, so thank you for that, definitely.

Has anyone located in the USA ever made a purchase from Parts Supply?  The website has a UK extension but the company address is Lithuanian.  I confess I've never bought anything from Lithuania before.

On 2/26/2017 at 11:27 PM, JermFace said:

Well they've got it listed for less than I've seen so far, so thank you for that, definitely.

Has anyone located in the USA ever made a purchase from Parts Supply?  The website has a UK extension but the company address is Lithuanian.  I confess I've never bought anything from Lithuania before.

Your welcome, This is my store. Normally items to USA arrives in 2-6 weeks... Orders is sent from Lithuania

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Andrius said:

Your welcome, This is my store. Normally items to USA arrives in 2-6 weeks... Orders is sent from Lithuania

21 hours ago, ChrisK said:

Nice @Andrius bros helping bros!

10 hours ago, SetBuilder said:

No go in the bone yard. All of our old Makitas had a different style handle.

Y'all:  Thanks again.

I've just ordered the part from Parts Supply (@Andrius, whoot).

The internet, comprised of human dudes, actually did a thing.  I'm cautiously psyched.

• 1 month later...

Brief update here, in the interest of sharing information.

I ordered the part set from partssupply.co.uk on 1 March 2017; paid about $32; proceeded to wait the for projected 6 week processing and delivery interim to pass, checking my order status daily.

Having noted no change in the status of my order by 27 March (order status read "Processing in Progress"), I sent an inquiry message noting time passed since date of order.

The reply I received was as follows:

Hello, sorry for late reply. Asked Makita why I still not got handle and they told that they don`t have it in stock now, but I think I will receive it in next week so if you will wait for it I can inform you when it arrives. Is it good for you?

At the start of this thread it is acknowledged that Makita no longer supports this model; I contacted Makita before coming to this forum, before looking at the Parts Supply site, before the proprietor of that site contacted me through this very forum.

Needless to say, I have not heard from Parts Supply UK since my last follow-up message, which read:

I began my search for the part with Makita (i.e.: before looking for another source and finding your online store). The reason I came to you was that Makita has not offered this replacement part for quite some time, and no US aftermarket seller had it in stock (not to put too fine a point on it, but your website lists the part as being in stock).

If you have a source about which I don't know, that will be heartening news. If not, I hope we can find a way to rectify the apparent error.

I guess that's about it.

How about you all chill and give Andrius time to explain :)  Parts availability is different in all countries and as a Makita dealer you can source items from other country ( if your makita rep is feeling up to it ) .  Untill explenation is given no-one should jump to conclusions.