Best corded miter saw

WestWrangler

15 hours ago, smitty9118 said:

for the money I think the hitachi cant be beat

15 hours ago, rrich1 said:

The Hitachi 12" slider is such a good saw especially for the price. I ended up selling mine for the Bosch glide saw. I wouldn't say I moved up but went sideways with it. I love my Bosch and I got it for a great price but the Hitachi is severely underrated.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Agreed,  Hitachi miters are fantastic.  As for the money, heck even for 2x the cost your hard pressed to find one better.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kornomaniac said:

The new 10inch Makita slider seems to be a bit :)

As a happy owner of the FlexVolt 12 I think the new Makita pair is looking like they could be the best 10" ever made and likely most versatile saws on the market. The capacity, extraction, tolerances and weight seem like the perfect mix. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Bremon said:

As a happy owner of the FlexVolt 12 I think the new Makita pair is looking like they could be the best 10" ever made and likely most versatile saws on the market. The capacity, extraction, tolerances and weight seem like the perfect mix. 

Can't wait to try em out !

On ‎7‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 11:19 AM, Bremon said:

Concur. I have the corded 10" Makita and love it. It actually pains me that they are coming out with this, as I will be tempted to upgrade, if you want to call it that.

• Like 1

@Bremon Also, this is kind of a loaded question. I guess when I read it I was thinking about what I would use if I had to trim out someone's house. If I was on site and it was going to be my everyday saw I wouldn't recommend this saw. Probably go with a Bosch or DeWalt 12"

3 minutes ago, Jronman said:

DeWALT makes great miter saws but is slowly falling behind the competition.  I could see a large redesign in the next gen sliding miter from DeWALT. I won't hold my breath it will probably be awhile haha.

I don't have a problem with the DeWalt miter saws, I just think that Makita cuts smoother for doing trim. Plus, unless it's a last resort, you won't catch me using a 12" on any finish work... which is the saw that I feel DeWALT is known for. Their saw is great for a commercial site, they hold up and can take abuse... something I question if my Makita could do.

@Jronman Yeah, I totally agree. I would love to try out the Festool, but I have yet to muster up the $1,400 dollars to buy it. I have heard that it is awesome, but I question if I will ever be a good enough finish carpenter to actually notice the difference on a high performance saw. I guess I will just take my odds that my $450.00 saw is good enough... for now.

@FrosBros82 we have different experiences for sure; our work saw is a Makita 1016 and it's basically universally disliked by my coworkers and I lol. This new saw seems like an incredible improvement to me. I can assure you the 1016 is not meant to be treated with anything close to what would be considered abuse. 

• Like 1

It just wears more than comparable saws in my opinion. I dislike the detent plate most of all. The slide is nice and smooth though. I think it was a poor replacement for the 1013, and the new 1019 looks like a huge step in the right direction. 

My only complaints with my 790 is weight (to be expected) and average dust extraction. Adjustability, slide, and accuracy are top notch, I wouldn't hesitate to buy a 10" FlexVolt if North America gets one, but for our shop I would definitely look at and recommend the 1019 over a rear-slide. 

My use for a miter will be to just set it up in a shop and probably never move it, so the weight of the Bosch won't be a problem, so that's probably the way I'd go. Barring a lottery win, then I'll become a bigger Festool snob than ChrisK. LOL

• Like 2

On 7/11/2017 at 6:31 AM, BK13 said:

My use for a miter will be to just set it up in a shop and probably never move it, so the weight of the Bosch won't be a problem, so that's probably the way I'd go. Barring a lottery win, then I'll become a bigger Festool snob than ChrisK. LOL

I hear Felder is nice.

On 7/11/2017 at 7:31 AM, BK13 said:

Big words Kurt. Big words ?

• Like 2