Forum Issue & Problems

We have been having an issue with the forum as some already know.

We moved the forum over to the IPBoard server.  Everything was fine or at least we think it is.

Last night, our server moved to a new hosting company and a cname didn't transfer, therefore taking out the forum.

We added the Cname back but for some reach, google dns did not pick it up and make the change.  I opened a ticket and they forced a reset, but it can take up to 12 hours.  It just started working on my desktop.  If you are having problems, please trying clearing your cache on your browser.

The only people that might have been affected is the people using a desktop.  It shouldn't affect your phone or ipad or at least that is what i was told.

If anyone is having any troubles with anything,m please leave a comment below, so I can open a ticket and get it fixed asap.

This sucks this happened because we wanted to do one transfer at a time so if there was an issue we could easily isolate it.  

We have one more transfer in a week or two and we should be done.  We hope once that transfer happens, we shouldn't have any issues anymore.

• Like 1

It was effecting everything for me. It wouldn't work at all on the computer, until I tried Internet Explorer. It worked for a while, then stopped. Same with my phone...it worked fine but then stopped. I found that if I replaced the bookmarks I had with the following link "forum.professional-power-tool-guide.com/index.php"...everything started working perfectly. So far since the change I haven't had any issues, across all of my platforms. Without the "index.php" nothing would work.

If you are on the main TIA page and click "Tool Forum" the link will not work. Hovering over the "Tool Forum" link will show that it does not have the "index.php" on it and it goes to the same it's-not-working pages. For example, here's the old link I had, which is the same as the link for the "Tool Forum" selection on the main site...

Tool Forum

If I click it the "This Community is Temporarily Unavailable!" page shows up. If I add the "index.php" to it then it works fine.  There was another page it was going to, but I can't remember what that one said.

Damn, I just got the biggest case of deja-vu ever...I feel like I've typed this same exact post before.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, JMG said:

I am getting a warning from Firefox that the login connection is not secure and could be compromised, whenever I attempt to login now. Encryption issues?

Oddly enough I have been getting that on many sites with Firefox.

• 3 weeks later...

I think it has something to do with the url change a few weeks ago. professional-power-tool-guide was changed to toolsinaction. I thought we were supposed to be able to use both but maybe a bug developed in the system within the past few days?

Awesome, thanks for the heads up.   It's weird because as of about an hour ago, we just finished moving everything and it should have a forward on it to the forum, so not sure what happened.  i will let our guy know and hopefully we can get it fixed asap.  Thanks again for letting me know.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, HiltiWpg said:

Is this why Tapatalk doesn't work again?

It looks like Tapatalk still points to the old forum location as well. When I try to sign in through Tapatalk "forum.professional-power-tool-guide.com" is at the bottom of the login screen.

On 3/30/2017 at 3:54 PM, Jronman said:

I think it has something to do with the url change a few weeks ago. professional-power-tool-guide was changed to toolsinaction. I thought we were supposed to be able to use both but maybe a bug developed in the system within the past few days?

Some thing, Tapatalk is no burnout either 

Hey Guys, sorry I dropped the ball on this and thanks for letting me know.  I forgot to change the domain address to the new address.  I just made the change.  If you are still having issues, that means i messed something up and will try again.

• Like 3