I bought a 10.8v Makita Driver last week and while its been great (& compact) for light work... It has since proven inadequate. I'm going to mount a bike rack to a concrete column & some tensile cables to hang curtains (don't judge me...) into concrete & the 10.8v is not up to the job. The sales guy informs me that a 12v with hammer action in the same size will be in tomorrow, but TBH, I'm better off with an 18v. Most of my needs are around assembling furniture and mounting stuff to walls, but I need one drill that can do everything...

What's the consensus on the Makita DHP482? It's not brushless & I believe it only comes with one battery (3ah), but I'm an occasional user, so not putting it under much pressure. Don't focus on the price... The market is limited where I live, so we don't have much options. Also, I have to buy from Ace, because I need to return the last drill. It does come with a decent set of bits...

I suppose the other option is DeWalt.

https://www.aceuae.com/en/ace-uae/makita-dhp482-hammer-drill-driver--75-drill-bits-969480#pdp_box_img_1[pp_gal]/0/

• Like 1

Bought the drill based on all the advice I got... Working my way through all the jobs required. The drill is dealing with the concrete fairly well although it does require a bit of elbow grease. There were two batteries included and the set of bits worked out fairly handy already, they also threw in a back pack which is very robust and will be quite useful.

It's a bit sad that i get so excited about power tools... Already wondering if there's any other 18v tools i need...

IMAG3169.jpg

• Like 3

• 3 months later...
On 3/14/2017 at 0:08 PM, noodeel said:

Bought the drill based on all the advice I got... Working my way through all the jobs required. The drill is dealing with the concrete fairly well although it does require a bit of elbow grease. There were two batteries included and the set of bits worked out fairly handy already, they also threw in a back pack which is very robust and will be quite useful.

It's a bit sad that i get so excited about power tools... Already wondering if there's any other 18v tools i need...

Nice, although I don't think it's the least bit sad i'm excited about power tools... my wife on the other hand....

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 15/03/2017 at 5:08 AM, noodeel said:

Well... you may need...

Circ saw

Recip saw

Jigsaw

grinder

plane

sander

multi-tool

Metal saw

Rotary hammer drill

trim router

That would be a good starter kit:D

• Like 2

• 4 years later...

Drills are used in auto body repair and restoration, as well as installing stereos, sound systems, and other after-market electronics. The unsurpassed quality and reliability of these power tools and other products are made possible by the Company”s strong R & D capabilities.

This have earned Makita Products the trust of customers worldwide. Makita is manufacturing power tools and other equipment at seven overseas production facilities.