Ductless A/c install

Installation of a ductless mini split, 18 seer inverter 12,000 btu (1 ton) with WiFi option. There was no line cover installed because the owner doesn't know what to do with the exterior of the building yet. The signal soow cable from the indoor unit was a tight fit. Had I known it was going to be like that I would have used my own cable to follow the lineset and make it look better but the cable was supplied with the unit. Got rained out one day so had to go back again to finish electrical. Video shows how quiet the unit is at full speed under a heavy load. 

IMAG2801.jpg

IMAG2802.jpg

IMAG2800.jpg

IMAG2807.jpg

IMAG2816.jpg

IMAG2823.jpg

IMAG2824.jpg

IMAG2806.jpg

IMAG2814.jpg

• Like 2

10 hours ago, KnarlyCarl said:

Cool, how does it compare to the Mitsubishi? 

This brand is super affordable compared to a Mitsubishi you really can't compare the two. Mitsubishi would be for customers who want the the best and this Ecox would be for people who want cooling but have a budget. But it does seem well built and cools great, the remote feels a little cheap and really light. But with all the money you saved you can just by a universal remote. I have only installed two of this brand so far, so as far as longevity I don't know yet. But it's important to install surge suppression on the property because these inverters are super sensitive, a Mitsubishi can be killed young with no protection. Some of the inverter boards are crazy expensive and if you have to order the board, those people will be without A/c for a long time. In South Florida A/c is not a luxury its a necessity, I just installed a surge suppressor yesterday so I will post that. I got off topic here but the Ecox runs quietly and you really can't complain for the money but there really isn't any thing to complain about.  

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 6/21/2017 at 2:00 PM, Bigmikez said:

I've seen these at HD (Mitsubishi brand) and always wondered how they did, my house has no a/c which sucks and always wondered if this way was more affordable. 

Hey what's up Mike!! People would melt if there was no A/c here the humidity is crazy high here 82% yesterday and it hasn't rained in days. Its hard to say which way is more affordable there is a ton of variables to consider but it all depends on your contractor. You may not have to run duct work with a ductless but depending on how many units you need you would have to wire up each condenser which gets pricey. Lets say the way your house is built you can't do one condenser (outdoor unit) with multiple head units (indoor unit). So you would have to have three outdoor units plus wire each one, and if your electrical service can't handle that it would be a huge expense to upgrade your service. They have an inverter which is the same energy efficient technology as a mini split that is ducted and looks just like a standard A/c split system. Which may be cheaper then mini splits, because it would need less breakers added and only two units to wire up. You do have to do the duct work as well but Its much nicer than having this huge ugly machine hanging on your wall in every room of the house. Plus you would have all these crazy  ugly pipe raceways on the side of your house for the refrigerant piping going to each room. I will one day change my standard units with an inverter model one day. But theres so much to consider, I think mini splits are great for one or two rooms. But to do a whole house with mini splits I believe an inverter with ductwork is a better option. Plus who want's to keep up with five mini split remotes..lol I hope this helps Mike and not confuse you more ;D  

• Like 1

On 6/21/2017 at 2:00 PM, Bigmikez said:

I've seen these at HD (Mitsubishi brand) and always wondered how they did, my house has no a/c which sucks and always wondered if this way was more affordable. 

Oh yea here's yesterday weather 106 when you count the 82% humidity 

Screenshot_2017-06-21-16-40-24.png

1 hour ago, Justin Hernandez said:

Hey what's up Mike!! People would melt if there was no A/c here the humidity is crazy high here 82% yesterday and it hasn't rained in days. Its hard to say which way is more affordable there is a ton of variables to consider but it all depends on your contractor. You may not have to run duct work with a ductless but depending on how many units you need you would have to wire up each condenser which gets pricey. Lets say the way your house is built you can't do one condenser (outdoor unit) with multiple head units (indoor unit). So you would have to have three outdoor units plus wire each one, and if your electrical service can't handle that it would be a huge expense to upgrade your service. They have an inverter which is the same energy efficient technology as a mini split that is ducted and looks just like a standard A/c split system. Which may be cheaper then mini splits, because it would need less breakers added and only two units to wire up. You do have to do the duct work as well but Its much nicer than having this huge ugly machine hanging on your wall in every room of the house. Plus you would have all these crazy  ugly pipe raceways on the side of your house for the refrigerant piping going to each room. I will one day change my standard units with an inverter model one day. But theres so much to consider, I think mini splits are great for one or two rooms. But to do a whole house with mini splits I believe an inverter with ductwork is a better option. Plus who want's to keep up with five mini split remotes..lol I hope this helps Mike and not confuse you more ;D  

Yo Justin!! Thanks for all the info and explaining things for me bro, it's been hot over here the past few days I think yesterday was the hottest at about 106 I think and boy those are the times I wish we had central air, we have a wall unit that does pretty good but it's still gets hot and being fat doesn't help lol! I've been wanting to invest but we're planning on selling the house in a year or 2 and I know the a\c would help in selling but those funds aren't in the budget at the moment ☹️ But anyways if for some reason we magically come across the money you will be the first I come to for some advice! Thanks brotha!

• Like 1